Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for December 1999 thru February 2000
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BAKER, CONDON, DICK, ENGLER, FESSLER, LEPLEY, RISH, STERNER, WELZ posted by Lisa on Wednesday, December 8, 1999
- Looking for the Baker's of Thompson Twp. William Baker 1820-1902 married Mary Sterner 1835-1901 and they had the following children: Francis 1851-1918(married Rish), Mary 1855-1862, Amandis 1857-? (married Bothke), Emma 1859-1945 (married Lepley), Anna 1861-1932 (married Fessler), Clara 1863-1930 (married Kutz), Charles 1865-1936 (married Engler), Cecelia 1867-1962 (married Condon), Amos 1870-1953 (married Guyer & Welz), Mary 1873-1942 (married Dick), John 1875-1960 & Lewis 1879-? William came to this area from PA around 1850's. He was big in farming and raised all of his children in this area.
- BAUMGARTNER, LESCHER, RIEF, SCHMIDT, SMITH posted by Linda Conner on Thursday, December 9, 1999
- I am trying to find out if there are any records for a George Lescher who died between 1900 and 1905. He was married to a Seneca County soman named Amelia Schmidt (changed to Smith) daughter of Louis Charles Augustus Schmidt (Smith). He had three children: Nellie Emma Lesher (my grandmother), Adoph Lescher and another son.Fred. Nellie eventually married Edward B. Baumgartner.
- HERMANN, VOLLMER, WEICK posted by Rick Weick on Sunday, December 12, 1999
- I am looking for any records of my Grandfather Charles John Weick, born in Tiffin 10/10/1865 Also any record of Rose Marie Hermann, his wife. They were married in 1880. Also need any information on my Great Grandfather Georg Philipp Weick, who came to Tiffin, Ohio around 1853 - 1854. His first son was born in Tiffin 01/30/1854. He was married to Christian Juliana Vollmer 08/02/1853.
- FINK posted by J. Thieman on Thursday, December 16, 1999
- My great grandfather, Sebastian Fink, was in your county in or around 1855. He had emigrated from Bavaria, Germany. My request is for any family information, and the possibility of any family member that may have stayed in your area.
- KAISER posted by Carl Kayser on Saturday, December 18, 1999
- Am searching for info on gr.grandfather and family that I believe to have resided in Tiffin in the late 1880's. The name of gr.grandfather was Anton or Andrew Kaiser sr, and his 3 sons were Anton/Andrew,jr, William, and Henry Kaiser. We have a photograph of them standing in front of a place called Baumgarten, Tiffin, Ohio. Any info on this family would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Carl and Georgedda Kayser
- BERTON, DAVIDSON, LEY posted by Marie Mastin on Saturday, December 18, 1999
- I am looking for information about my LEY (LYE) family. Sebastian LEY married Mary Magdelena Berton Aug 8 1832 in Seneca or Crawford county. They had 10 children. One of their sons, Lewis Nicholas Ley married Mary Matilda Murphy (or Kintz, either Kintz or Murphy I believe, was her name from a previous marriage) had at least two sons, Frank Sebastian Ley, my gg grandfather, and Albert E. Ley. Most of the family moved on to Delphos, Allen county, Ohio, but Albert married Mary A. Davidson June 24 1889 and stayed in Tiffin. They had one child that I could find, Grace M., who I suspect died in infancy at 1 month old. This family is buried in St. Joseph's Cemetery in Tiffin. Mary died about 1920 and I haven't figured out Albert's death date as yet. I have found several LEYS buried at St. Joseph's cem, but don't know how they connect. If anyone has any info, please contact me. I have a lot of Ley information that I can share! Thanks Maria Mastin
- GAINES, HESS posted by Ruth Walton on Sunday, December 26, 1999
- Nancy Harriet GAINES was b. 16 Jul 1834 at Melmore, Seneca Co., OH; d. 24 Dec 1910 in Black Hawk Co., IA. (This information from her obituary.) She md. Nathan HESS in Wyandot Co., OH on 16 Nov. 1854. Nathan HESS, son of John and Catherine (nee?) Hess, was b. 4 Apr. 1830 in Rockingham Co., VA, d. 28 Aug 1911 in Black Hawk Co., IA. Who were Nancy Harriet GAINES' parents? I do not know her father's name at all, but think her mother's first name was also Nancy (nee?), b. about Mar 1809, who died on 13 Apr 1890 in Seneca Co., OH. Can anyone help me with information on these families?
- CLEMENS, GONDER, GUNDER, KAISER, KIZER posted by John Gunder on Wednesday, December 29, 1999
- KIZER/KAISER/GONDER/CLEMENS I am looking for any information on the above names.History: Daniel CLEMENS from PA. area unkn Married Hanah KIZER/ KAISER Born Oct 1820 died March 3 1893 Wood Co. OH. Daughter Elizabeth CLEMENS Married David GONDER David was my Great Grand father. I have information on the GONDER/GUNDER lineage but have nothing on the KIZER/KAISER/CLEMENS any help would be more than I have now. John Gunder
- GRENZ, MCGUIRE, WITTING posted by Marie Osborne on Tuesday, January 4, 2000
- I am searching for a Mary McGuire of Fostoria, Ohio. She was related in someway to a Pauline Grenz Witting who stayed with McGuire during the summer of 1899. Marie Osborne
- BLAIR, MAYES, MILLER posted by Sharon on Thursday, January 6, 2000
- Miller, Blair, Mayes Seeking info about Cyril N. Miller b. Seneca Co. 1894 d.? and his gparents.... His parents were Adam Miller 1849-1924 and Ann Blair Miller 1856-1930 and possible 2nd wife: Ida may Mayes Miller and Cyril's children Thank you, email@example.com
- BALBIAN posted by Kevin Coyle on Monday, January 10, 2000
- I am looking for anyone who might have information on the Balbian family from Tiffin Ohio. They settled there about 1890. Henry was the father and had a daughter named Lillian.
- LATHAM posted by Cynthia Crocker Scott on Tuesday, January 11, 2000
- I am searching for the ancestors of my maternal granfather, pioneers in Ohio Territory. The names of two brothers who were probably born in Seneca County Royal Sheldon Latham, born Jan. 13, 1828, and any siblings, probably a brother named possible Harold, Harry, Franklin or Carl Latham born just before or after 1828. Their parents? They were both teachers, the father having graduatd from Harvard College. Any ideas will be gratefully received and anything I find will be shared.
- CHURCH posted by Karen on Saturday, January 15, 2000
- I am looking for the area in Seneca CO where a marriage between Nelson Church and Mary? took place. (All records with the exception of his tombstone list him as Nelson, tombstone states E. Nelson) The year would have been 1831/1832. Several children were born to them in Ohio before they moved on to Iowa. Also would love to find the parentage of Mary. Any help would be so appreciated!!!!
- ANDERSON, BOOS, STOVER posted by Sue Schlosser on Saturday, January 15, 2000
- Looking for descendants of David and Lena (Stover) Boos who resided in Fostoria, Ohio. Children were: Charles, Maurice, Vida, George, Georgianna and Ida. Georgianna married Edward Anderson of Toledo, Ohio. Please if you have any information contact me! Thanks
- CHANEY, HARRISON, MOSES posted by Raye Blackman on Tuesday, January 18, 2000
- Alexander HARRISON and Abigail CHANEY were married on 13 Aug. 1846 in Seneca, Ohio. Would that be Seneca (the Town), or Seneca (The County?) Who were their parents, what were the places and dates of birth? Did they live in Ohio before they were married? How long did they live in Ohio after their marriage? Their daughter, Mary Jane HARRISON, married Kimble Alonzo MOSES (Born August 22, 1842 in Union County, Ohio and died July 19, 1918, in Madison County, Arkansas) What were the places and dates of their deaths? I have not found any references to either of these people except for the marriage date. Thanks.
- GREENFELDER, GRUENFELDER, STROMENGER, STROMINGER posted by Timothy J. Strominger on Wednesday, January 19, 2000
- I am looking for the name Stominger or Stromenger. I am looking for the name Gruenfelder or Greenfelder.
- DURBIN, STEINMETZ posted by Molly Borer on Wednesday, January 26, 2000
- I am looking for information on Lucy Steinmetz. SHe was born in 1879. Her father fell off a building and died and her mother had to give all her children away. Lucy was given up for adoption in Tiffin,OH, but I could not find her in the St.Francis Orphanage list. I don't know whether she was sent there or not. She was adopted by Nancy Durbin and her husband Captain Walker. I am doing a genealogical project and I can only trace my mother's lineage to her grandmother, Lucy Steinmetz, and then there is nothing else. I would greatly appreciate any help in the matter.
- KEILHOLTZ posted by Mark Wakefield on Monday, January 31, 2000
- William H. Keilholtz; Shown in 1850 Fed. census lives in Tiffin city on P. 435. I think George and Oliver are his brothers. By 1856 Oliver and George have maid the move in to the wild west. The 2 brothers are shown farming to gether in Scott Co. "eastren" Iowa. All Brothers are from Maryland ther fathers name is thought to be William Keilholtz. Born in Maryland abt.1800? In Baltamore the family name is held by severl clusters. I do think all know of each other. This family is very Geographicly centered in the U. S. By 1900 there is seamingly only 4 places the Family can be found. George,William,&,Oliver are Born in the mid. to late 1820. George was born in 1828. My info is read from Fed. archives rec. would be interested in hearing from family members about there Family bio. historys, ect.
- BARTOW posted by Joel Bartow on Wednesday, February 2, 2000
- Looking for the children of the Joel Bartow listed in the 1860 census for Seneca County.
- NEWMEYER posted by Bill on Sunday, February 6, 2000
- Does anyone know if there were any Catholic Churches in Seneca Co. in the period 1830-1850?
- BILLER, BLAZER, BLOSSER, EATON, ESTEP, FULK, LAM, LAMB, LAURENT, MATHIAS, PRICE, RUNION, TUSING posted by Norman L. Runyon on Saturday, February 12, 2000
- Searching for descendants of Anderson Runion of the "Brocks Gap" area of Northern Rockingham County, Virginia who moved to the Seneca County, Ohio area. Surnames include RUNION, TUSING, ESTEP, PRICE, BILLER, BLAZER, BLOSSER, EATON, LAURENT, LAM, LAMB, FULK, MATHIAS, etc.
- BAKLE posted by Carol Bakle on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- I am looking for any trace of Peter Bakle (or a close variation of that name) who lived in Seneca County from about 1847 to 1860 when he moved to Paulding County. Peter was born in Belgium in 1836 and came to the US with his family in 1847.
- GILLESPIE, KREGER, POTES, WERNER posted by Mary Ellen Werner on Monday, February 14, 2000
- Looking for information on parents of Lydia Potes Werner. She was born Nov. 12, 1856, to John and Mary Potes. Her obit in BG Sentinel-Tribune said she was born in Seneca County. Also looking for any information on these names: WERNER, KREGER (sp?), GILLESPIE
- APPLE, CALDWELL, JOHNSON posted by Bonnie Andrews on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Looking for information about a telephone Co., in Fostoria, OH march 1911, I have a letter, with C U TEL CO, Fostoria, OH. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.
- posted by Ann Wise on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- About 1922, my grandfather's two sisters and one brother were sent from Augusta GA to Tiffin Ohio to an orphanage after the death of their parents. I would like to know the name of the orphanage and a little history of it. I have checked the roster of orphans for St Francis but they are not listed. Was there another orphanage in the Tiffin area? Please email... Ann in TX
- BISTNER, HAEFLING, KELLEY, KELLY, KINTZ, KUHN, MOSSENETTE, STRAUGHBAUGH, SWOPE posted by Cindy Shaw on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- George Joseph KUHN Family George b. 1794 in Germany or France married to Mary abt. 1818. Children: George b. abt 1820 married Elizabeth BISTNER, Mary b. abt 1821 married to Henry STRAUGHBAUGH, Joseph b. abt 1824 married to Sara STRAUGHBAUGH, Jacob b. abt 1825 married to Catherine SWOPE, Michael b. abt 1826 married #1 to Maryanne KELLEY, #2 to Mary MOSSENETTE, Barbara b. abt. 1830 married to Adam HAEFLING, David b. abt 1831 married to Elizabeth KINTZ, John b. abt. 1833 died abt 1850, and Elizabeth b. abt 1834 married to Peter SWOPE. George, Mary, Joseph and Jacob were all born in France or Germany. Michael, Barbara, David, John and Elizabeth were born in Pennsylvania. They migrated to Seneca Co. OH abt. 1840.
- posted by Tim Abel on Sunday, February 27, 2000
- I am looking for a copy of the Bascom cemetery inscriptions. If someone could copy them for me, I'll gladly reimburse for copying and postage. Thanks
- BOOS, STOVER posted by Sue on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
- I am researching the BOOS surname for Seneca County. Our ancestor David married Lena STOVER and resided there until his death. He and his wife are buried there. He had several children and I am hoping to find descendants of theirs.
- CRAMER, HORN, HORNE posted by Susan Anderson on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
- Looking for descendants of: Samuel HORN,b 1862 and wife Anna b. 1863. They had two daughters: Irene b. 1889 and Ella b 189?. Also Clariden Cramer b1850 married Elmina (Mina) b.1856. Had son Arthur G. Cramer. Clariden appears on 1850 Seneca Co census as son of Enos Cramer.
- HORN, HORNE posted by Susan Anderson on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
- Does anyone know if there are records at Greenlawn Cemetery? When I visited there a number of years ago, there was a small house across the street where I got directions to graves. Now I'm wondering if there might be some records of genealogical value. I have hit a brickwall in finding the parents of Samuel Horn who was buried at Greenlawn, in Mar 1902. Thank you. Susan
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.