The Summit County
OHGenWeb Project

History & Genealogy

USGenWeb logo Ohio logo

Summit County Cemeteries Part 2


|Page 1| Page2 | Page3 |


Most of the Cemeteries have been recorded by the Summit County Chapter of the OGS, by Ester Powell, or by The Hudson Genalogical Study Group, Not all are availble at this time. I will add contact information as I find it, so check back often.

  1. Hudson

    • Draper
      Located East of Hudson on State Road 303, East of Stow Road
    • Hudson
      Located on Western Reserve Academy Campus in Hudson, near State Road 91
    • Lindley
      Located South of Twinsburg Road, East of Valley View Road
    • Markille
      Located at North edge of Hudson off State Road 91
    • O'Brien
      Located in field West of Hudson Drive, South of Barlow Road
    • St Mary's
      Located in Hudson near Markille Cemetery, off State Road 91
  2. Macedonia Township

    • Burroughs
      Located near County Road 112, West of Valley View Road & RR, East Edge of Township
    • Oviatt
      Located near Burroughs Cemetery, just South of County Road 112, South east edge of Township
  3. Northampton Center

    • Botzum
      Located East of Cleveland-Massillon Road at interesction of Yellow Creek Road and Bath Road
    • Chestnut Hill Memorial
      Located in Cyahoga Falls, West of State Road 8, at intersection of Broad Street and Sacketts Street
      Contact: First Grace United CC; 2613 Sackett Ave; Cuyahoga Falls, Oh; 330-928-6115
    • Hardy, Nataniel
      Located West of State Road 8 on Quick Road
    • Harrington
      Located off State Road 8, between Steels Corners & Bath Road.
    • NorthHampton Center
      Located on Bath Road, just east of Norhthampton Road
    • Cuyahoga Falls (Oakwood)
      Located on Oakwood, off Front Street in Cuyahoga Falls.
  4. Northfield Township

    • All Saints
      Located at the intersection of County Road 11 & County Road 16
    • Brandywine- Destroyed for Interstate 271. No known records. Was located near Boston Township boarder, near County Road 16
    • Northfiled -Macedonia
    • Located South of Northfiled Village on County Road 16, North of State Road 31
      Contact: Northfield Cemetery Olde 8 & Valley View Rds; Northfield, Oh; 216-468-1608
  5. Norton Township

    • Berry Farm
      Located in Norton, Cemetery destroyed.
    • Black Plauge
      Located near Loyal Oak and Cleveland-Massillon Road
    • Himelrigh
      Located on Himelrigh Farm, near Eastern Road & Fairland Road
    • Johnsons Corners
      Located South of State Road 5, adjoins Waltz Park, East of Taylor Road in Barberton
    • Loyal Oak ( Lutheran and Refomed Cemeteries together)
      Located at Loyal Oak on Clevland-Massillon Road near State Road 261
    • Norton Center
      Located at Norton Center near US 224 & Cleveland-Massillon Road. Next to Shopping Center
    • Pioneer
      Located in Barberton where Portage Jr. High School now stands. Probably was connected with High School. now destroyed.
  6. Portage Township

    • Chestnut
      Located West of State Road 8 at South west part of Cuyahouga Falls.
    • Five Points
      Located near Five Points Shopping Center, Near West Exchange Street.
    • Glendale
      Located in Akron, Bound by Glendale, South Maple Street & West Exchange Street
      Contact: 150 Glendale Ave; Akron, Oh; 330-253-231
      Akron's first cemetery. Contains the grave of local historian and sheriff Samuel Lane.  The Buchtel monument contains a life sized statue. Has a chapel (Memorial Chapel) and bell tower (really creepy looking!!) which are of unknown origin. This cemetery is a MUST SEE if you visit the Akron area.
    • Jewish Orthadox
      Located on Wooster Ave. near South end of Hawkins Ave. West of State Road 5.
    • Mt. Peace Interment Records, 1880-1916 - Located on Aqueduct Street in West Akron near West Market Street and Merriman Street.
      Contact: First Grace United CC; 183 Aqueduct; Akron, Oh; 330-253-4551
    • St. Bernard's
      Located on South Maple Street, near West Exchange Street close to Glendale Cemetery.
    • St. Vincent's
      Located on West Market Street near Blach Street in West part of Akron.


|Page 1| Page2 | Page3 |


Summit County OHGenWeb Page
Established November 20, 1996


Copyright Notice: All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may be linked to but may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Mary Ann Hetrick and/or their contributor. Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are. It is however, quite permissable to print or save the files to a personal computer for personal use ONLY.

Copyright © 1998-2013, Mary Ann Hetrick & the Summit County OHGenWeb.
Outter Background Copyrighted © 2006 by: EOS Developers.com
Released for free under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License

Menu © 2007 stu nicholls - cssplay.co.uk