SUMMIT COUNTY PROBATE COURT
209 S High Street; Akron OH 44308
Records Room Information Requests- (330) 643-2352
Email - email@example.com
The Courthouse is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Birth and Death Records from 1868 to 20 Dec 1908 when they were made a division of the County Health Department . Photocopies of these two records cannot be made. However, for a $3.00 fee the information will be taken from the book, typed onto the proper form, and stamped with the embossed seal of Summit County, Ohio to state it is a true copy.
Marriage Records from 1840 to present. Copies are $1 uncertified or $2 certified.
Historical Marriage Index search,marriage licenses filed from 01/01/86 through12/28/99 are listed in this index.
- MARRIAGE INDEXES: There are four sets of index books (each set has 8 male and 8 female record books) divided according to the following time periods:
- 1840 - 1943
- 1944 - 1971
- 1972 - 1994
- 1995 - 1999
- 2000 -Present (totally computerized with no paper records at all). These books are alphabetized by name, and contain year, names, volume and page of information in the Regular Marriage Books.
BANNS: One book - BANNS 1 (where couple applied to Catholic Church for license to marry, and this record is for purposes of legalization in Court system). If the marriage index shows BANNS, Vol. 1, Page --, it's in this book only If marriage index shows BANNS, Vol.
, Page --, the record is in the very back of the "regular marriage books". There are NO BANNS in the Regular Marriage Book Vol. 1 (1840-1865).
- APPLICATIONS/RETURNS: Three books - A, B, and C for both "Applications" and "Returns" (6 books total).Marriage index books shows Volume/Page of "Applications" in the normal Volume/ Page section, and makes a notation in the opposite margin as to "Return" or "No Return", which would be filed in the "Returns" book(s).
- REGULAR MARRIAGE BOOKS: Volumes 1 (starts on June 20, 1865) through 473 (to date). These books contain the original applications together with recorded information as to the solemnization of the marriage.
- Wills and Estates, Alphabetical indexes from 1840 to present.
Guardianships, Alphabetical indexes from 1840 to present.
Historical Case Index , of Estates, Guardianships, and Trusts filed from 08/18/87 through 12/28/99 are provided in this index. The information in this index is limited. You will be able to find case name or case number only.
(Complete records of Wills, Estates, & Guardianships are on microfilm.
Copies are available at $.05 per page. Certified copies are available for an extra charge of $1.00.
[the Probate Court accepts Ohio personal checks only and then only for amounts of $10 and under.
All others must be certified checks or money orders payable to "Summit County Probate Court."]
Summit County Health Departments
Birth & Death Certificates for Summit County from 20 Dec 1908 to present may be found at one of two Health Departments at one of the three (3) following locations. Requests can be made in person or through the mail by providing name and date of event. (These records are not open for public search!)
Under current regulations of the State of Ohio, only certified birth and death certificates can be issued. The cost for each certified copy is $22.00.
For Births or Deaths occurring:
- within Akron city limits -
Akron Health Department;
368 S. Main Street
Akron, Ohio 44311.
all other areas of Summit County -
View Larger Map
Summit County Health Department;
1100 Graham Road
Circle; Cuyahoga Falls OH 44224;
The jurisdiction of the Summit County Health District includes ten townships, nine villages, and the cities of Barberton, Cuyahoga Falls, Fairlawn, Green, Hudson, Macedonia, Munroe Falls, New Franklin, Norton, Stow, Tallmadge, and Twinsburg.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 30, 2010
New Beginning for Health District (Summit County, Ohio) Effective October 1, 2010, the City of Barberton initiated a contract with the Summit County Health District (SCHD) to provide public health services. SCHD has a history dating back to 1919 of excellent service and a proactive approach toward meeting the public health needs of the community. SCHD Health Commissioner, Gene Nixon, and staff anticipate a smooth transition and uninterrupted services to Barberton residents. “The City of Barberton and the Barberton Board of Health have a long and successful public health history that should be recognized and acknowledged. We have a responsibility to live up to that tradition and I’m sure together with our new staff members, we’ll meet that obligation,” stated Nixon.
The health department location in Barberton will remain the same at 571 W. Tuscarawas Avenue, Barberton, 44203. The Barberton location will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with extended hours on Wednesdays until 6:00 p.m. Services will remain the same.
NOTE: From the Summit County Heath Department web site.
571 W Tuscarawas Ave;
Barberton OH 44203; (330) 745-6067.
- Civil & Criminal records from 1840 to present.
- Divorce records.
- Summit County Clerk of Courts - Naturalization Search
select agree at bottom of page.
Scattered Naturalization records starting in 1840's. Many are missing; and early records that exist contain only name, date of filing, and date of final certification.
- Land Records from 1840 to the present. Deeds are indexed, by years, for both the Grantor (seller) and Grantee (buyer).
- Also on file are indexes, and duplicate Deeds, recorded in our parent counties between 1795 and the formation of Summit County in 1840. (Medina, Portage, and Stark Counties are Summit's parent counties.)
- Soldier's Discharge Papers dating back to the Civil War.
County Clerk Of Courts Office:
Summit County Courthouse
205 S. High, 2nd floor
Akron, OH 44308
Phone: (330) 643-2211
Copies are $1 per page uncertified. Certification is $.50 extra.
Summit County Coroner's Office
31 N Summit St; Akron OH 44308
This office is not open to public search. Requests for Coroner's Reports from the late 1800's to the present can be made in person or through the mail. Name, and Year of death is required for a search. Reports filed within the last 10 yrs are at the office. Reports filed before then require a 3-4 day wait for copies to be made. Copies are $1 per page.
Summit County Recorder's Office
The Ohio Building; 175 S Main Street; Akron OH 44308;
Located on the 4th floor; (330) 643-2719.
(Rear entrance is across the street from the front of the Courthouse.)
Copies are $1 per page uncertified. Certification is .50¢ extra.
Summit County OHGenWeb Page
Established November 20, 1996
Copyright Notice: All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may be linked to but may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Mary Ann Hetrick and/or their contributor. Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are. It is however, quite permissable to print or save the files to a personal computer for personal use ONLY.
Menu © 2007 stu nicholls - cssplay.co.uk