The towns of Green are: Greensburg, founded in 1828 by David Baer; East Liberty, founded in 1839 (as might be expected these towns have been rivals in a quiet way, but this feeling has shown itself chiefly in political contests) ; Myersville, founded about 1876, has importance chiefly because it has railroad facilities and has shown some eleinents of steady and vigorous growth.1
Like its neighbor upon the west, Green was a portion of what was originally designated as "Congress Lands," so called from the fact that they were surveyed and sold by government agents, instead of having been transferred in bulk to private companies, as were the lands north of the 41st parallel the far-famed Western Reserve to the Connecticut Land Company, Green being known upon the county records as township 12, range 9.
Green Township's land has been in the following counties:
- CENTENNIAL HISTORY OF SUMMIT COUNTY, OHIO AND REPRESENTATIVE CITIZENS
EDITED AND COMPILED BY: WILLIAM B. DOYLE,
PUBLISHED BY: BIOGRAPHICAL PUBLISHING COMPANY
CHICAGO, ILL. 1908
Summit County OHGenWeb Page
Established November 20, 1996
Copyright Notice: All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may be linked to but may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Mary Ann Hetrick and/or their contributor. Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are. It is however, quite permissable to print or save the files to a personal computer for personal use ONLY.
Menu © 2007 stu nicholls - cssplay.co.uk