This page is part of the Warren County Ohio GenWeb project
You are our 1526 visitor since 16 December 2004 -- thanks for stopping by!

St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church


Contributor::

Transcription contributed by Arne H Trelvik 7 Sep 2003

Sources:
The History of Warren County Ohio
Part IV Township Histories
Turtle Creek Township
(Chicago, IL: W. H. Beers Co, 1882; reprint, Mt. Vernon, IN: Windmill Publications, 1992)

Page
499

St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. – This church was organized in 1866 by Rev. Mr. Servus, now deceased, as a German Reformed Church. In 1874, it became an Evangelical Lutheran Church. At the time of its organization, there were in its membership twenty-two families and seventy-five persons. In 1868, Rev. Carl Cast was called to the charge of the church, and during his pastorate the society purchased two lots on Cherry street, between Warren and Silver, at a cost of $1,500, upon which they erected a one-story Gothic brick edifice, 40x 65 feet. The building cost $5,500. In 1872, Rev. Heinrich Muller became the pastor and remained until 1874, when Rev. Charles Straut was called and remained until 1879. During the pastorate of Mr. Straut, the entire church debt was paid. Rev. Mr. Suors supplied the pulpit for a short time, in 1879,

Page
500
after which the present incumbent, Rev. E. Gerfen, was called from Capital University, at Columbus, where he was a student. The present membership is eighty-five.

FOOTNOTES: [a place to add additional information that you might want to submit]

     

NOTICE: All documents and electronic images placed on the Warren County OHGenWeb site remain the property of the contributors, who retain publication rights in accordance with US Copyright Laws and Regulations. These documents may be used by anyone for their personal research. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent of the contributor, or their legal representative, and contact the listed Warren County OHGenWeb coordinator with proof of this consent.

This page created 7 Sep 2003 and last updated 21 November, 2005
© 2003-2005 Arne H Trelvik  All rights reserved