This page is part of the Warren County Ohio GenWeb project
You are our 1312 visitor since 26 March 2005 -- thanks for stopping by!

Israel Lundy

Contributor::

Transcription contributed by Arne H Trelvik 26 March 2005

Sources:
The History of Warren County Ohio
Part V. Biographical Sketches
Harlan Township
(Chicago, IL: W. H. Beers Co, 1882; reprint, Mt. Vernon, IN: Windmill Publications, 1992)

Page
1036

ISRAEL LUNDY, farmer and Justice; P. O. Butlerville. Among the prominent men of this township is Israel Lundy, and we are pleased to give space to his biography in this work; he is a native of Clinton Co., Ohio, and born Oct. 24, 1827; he is of Quaker parentage and is the son of William and Maria (Smith) Lundy, the former a native of Virginia, the latter of New York. These parents were married in

Page
1037
Clinton Co., and came to this county when the son referred to was but 5 years of age. They settled near Edwardsville, and from thence removed on the farm where the son now resides, in 1832; he purchased 52 acres of land, on which he reared his family, and lived during the remainder of his life; he was a farmer and a natural mechanic. His ancestors were originally from England—they first settled in Canada—one of the family owning the land on which the battle of Lundy's Lane was fought. They were the parents of six children, three sons and three daughters; his son Enoch died with the cholera, in 1849; and Henry T. died at Murfreesboro, Tenn., while in the army. The old gentlemen died July 21, 1849, and his companion the 22d of the same month and year. Mr. Lundy was united in marriage Dec. 23, 1848, to Lydia Jones, a native of this county, and born Nov. 1, 1830. One child was born to these parents —William, September, 1849; his life was brief, and he died at about 3 months of age. Mr. Lundy is a Republican; has held the office of Township Trustee for one term, and at present is Justice of the Peace for this township; he is considered a good business man and his integrity is above reproach; he owns a well-cultivated farm of 240 acres of choice land, on which is erected one of the best brick dwellings in the township; he keeps the best of stock, among which may be found the best of sheep and hogs.

FOOTNOTES: [a place to add additional information that you might want to submit]

     

NOTICE: All documents and electronic images placed on the Warren County OHGenWeb site remain the property of the contributors, who retain publication rights in accordance with US Copyright Laws and Regulations. These documents may be used by anyone for their personal research. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent of the contributor, or their legal representative, and contact the listed Warren County OHGenWeb coordinator with proof of this consent.

This page created 26 March 2005 and last updated 4 March, 2009
© 2005 Arne H Trelvik  All rights reserved