|Dallas Bogan 16 November 2004|
|Descendent Report generated 16 November 2004 from the "Family Tree Maker" database of Dallas Bogan|
1. WILLIAM1 GRAY He married MARY UNK..
Children of WILLIAM GRAY and MARY UNK. are:
i. JAMES2 GRAY.
2. ii. JOSEPH GRAY, b. 1783, VIRGINIA.
3. iii. DANIEL GRAY, b. 1798, VIRGINIA.
4. iv. MARGARET GRAY, b. 1811, Virginia.
2. JOSEPH2 GRAY (WILLIAM1) was born 1783 in VIRGINIA. He married MARY E. UNK..
Children of JOSEPH GRAY and MARY UNK. are:
i. MICHAEL3 GRAY.
ii. MITCHEL GRAY.
5. iii. JACOB GRAY, b. 1814, VIRGINIA.
6. iv. CHRISTOPHER GRAY, b. 1825, VIRGINIA.
7. v. ANDREW GRAY, b. February 27, 1829, VIRGINIA.
3. DANIEL2 GRAY (WILLIAM1) was born 1798 in VIRGINIA. He married (1) MARY BOGAN March 06, 1834 in WARREN CO., OH.. He married (2) NANCY BOGAN October 03, 1840 in CLINTON CO., OHIO, daughter of BENJAMIN BOGAN and MARY DEACON. She was born 1811 in VIRGINIA.
Children of DANIEL GRAY and MARY BOGAN are:
i. MARTHA A.3 GRAY, b. 1837, OHIO.
8. ii. RICHARD SYLVESTER GRAY, b. 1840; d. August 17, 1911.
Children of DANIEL GRAY and NANCY BOGAN are:
iii. JOHN W.3 GRAY, b. 1842; d. 1911; m. PENA ANNA MART, August 29, 1867.
iv. BENJAMIN W. GRAY, b. 1843.
v. MINERVA J. GRAY, b. 1847.
vi. MARY E. GRAY, b. 1849.
4. MARGARET2 GRAY (WILLIAM1) was born 1811 in Virginia. She married JAMES BOGAN January 31, 1828 in Rockbridge Co., Virginia, son of JOHN BOGAN and MARIAN WALLACE. He was born 1800 in Virginia, and died 1851 in Clinton Co. In. - Bur. in Bogantown Cem..
Notes for MARGARET GRAY:
The 1850 U.S. Census indicated she owned land in Clinton County, Indiana, valued at $400, and listed as head of a household.
Children of MARGARET GRAY and JAMES BOGAN are:
9. i. MARY JANE3 BOGAN, b. May 21, 1828, VIRGINIA; d. September 02, 1906, CLINTON CO. IN..
10. ii. JAMES PATTERSON BOGAN, b. 1829, ROCKBRIDGE CO., VIRGINIA; d. August 11, 1865, VICTORIA, TX..
11. iii. LINDSEY BOGAN, b. 1831, VIRGINIA.
12. iv. MINERVA ANN BOGAN, b. July 14, 1834, CLINTON CO., OH.; d. October 25, 1925, WAVERLY, BREMER CO., IOWA.
v. GEORGE S. BOGAN, b. 1838.
13. vi. JOHN CARLIN BOGAN, b. 1840; d. March 23, 1911, MARION TWP., BOONE CO., IN..
5. JACOB3 GRAY (JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born 1814 in VIRGINIA. He married (1)
MRS. SARAH COLLINS. He married (2) MARY BOGAN November 29, 1839 in CLINTON CO.,
OH., daughter of BENJAMIN BOGAN and MARY DEACON.
Children of JACOB GRAY and MARY BOGAN are:
14. i. MARION4 GRAY, b. September 02, 1840; d. February 08, 1901.
ii. CAROLINE GRAY, b. 1849.
iii. GEORGE W. GRAY, b. 1850.
6. CHRISTOPHER3 GRAY (JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born 1825 in VIRGINIA. He married MARIA J. COX.
Children of CHRISTOPHER GRAY and MARIA COX are:
i. ADA4 GRAY, m. JAMES FRANCIS GRAY; b. 1868.
ii. OSCAR GRAY.
iii. MARY AMANDA GRAY, b. January 23, 1853, Olive Branch, Warren Co., Oh.; d. January 20, 1928.
iv. EMMA JANE GRAY.
v. ELIZABETH GRAY, m. UNK. EDWARDS.
vi. SARAH BELL GRAY, m. UNK. FEALY.
vii. JEFFERSON ROBERT GRAY.
viii. SUSAN GRAY, m. UNK. SURFACE.
ix. LAVINA GRAY.
x. ELAND GRAY.
15. xi. ANNA C. GRAY, b. December 18, 1866, OLIVE BRANCH, WARREN CO., OH.; d. September 04, 1941, BUR. SUGAR GROVE CEM. WARREN CO., OH..
7. ANDREW3 GRAY (JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born February 27, 1829 in VIRGINIA. He married MARTHA JANE BOGAN November 06, 1854 in WARREN CO. OH., daughter of MADISON BOGAN and JANE BOGAN. She was born December 31, 1836 in OHIO, and died 1881.
Children of ANDREW GRAY and MARTHA BOGAN are:
i. ALIDA4 GRAY.
16. ii. GEORGE W. GRAY, b. October 26, 1856, OHIO; d. October 26, 1926.
17. iii. JAMES EDWARD GRAY, b. June 22, 1858, OHIO; d. March 10, 1924.
18. iv. ANNA ELIZABETH GRAY, b. February 23, 1860, CLARKSVILLE, OH.; d. July 12, 1926.
19. v. SARAH MARIA GRAY, b. January 17, 1864, OHIO; d. 1885.
20. vi. HANNAH ETTA GRAY, b. March 07, 1867, OHIO; d. February 13, 1940.
21. vii. CHARLES WESLEY GRAY, b. October 04, 1869, OHIO.
viii. JOHN WILLIAM GRAY, b. March 11, 1873, OHIO; d. January 07, 1882.
Notes for JOHN WILLIAM GRAY:
John Gray died of typhoid fever.
22. ix. FRANCIS WALTER GRAY, b. February 21, 1876, OHIO.
x. ROSEBEL GRAY, b. August 08, 1878; d. December 26, 1881.
Notes for ROSEBEL GRAY:
Rosebel Gray died of typhoid fever.
8. RICHARD SYLVESTER3 GRAY (DANIEL2, WILLIAM1) was born 1840, and died August 17, 1911. He married SARAH ELLEN COLLINS March 09, 1862.
Children of RICHARD GRAY and SARAH COLLINS are:
i. CHARLES CLAYTON4 GRAY.
ii. ZENIS GRAY.
iii. HAL GRAY.
iv. NETTIE GRAY.
v. MINERVA GRAY.
vi. THOMAS GRAY.
9. MARY JANE3 BOGAN (MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born May 21, 1828 in VIRGINIA, and died September 02, 1906 in CLINTON CO. IN.. She married WILLIAM E. BOGAN July 11, 1847 in CLINTON CO., IN., son of WILLIAM BOGAN and ELIZABETH PULLEN. He was born February 15, 1816 in VIRGINIA, and died August 13, 1877 in CLINTON CO. IN..
Children of MARY BOGAN and WILLIAM BOGAN are:
23. i. CALVARY4 BOGAN.
ii. ETTA BOGAN.
iii. MITCHEL BOGAN, b. April 29, 1848; d. April 21, 1877, KIRKLIN, IN.
iv. ISHMAIL BOGAN, b. 1850, CLINTON CO., IN..
v. MELVINA BOGAN, b. 1852, CLINTON CO., IN..
vi. MELISSA BOGAN, b. 1855, CLINTON CO., INDIANA.
vii. ALVIN W. BOGAN, b. 1857, CLINTON CO., IN.; d. November 25, 1866.
24. viii. ELIZA JANE BOGAN, b. February 01, 1859, CLINTON CO., IN.; d. August 01, 1892, CLINTON CO. IN..
10. JAMES PATTERSON3 BOGAN (MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born 1829 in ROCKBRIDGE CO., VIRGINIA, and died August 11, 1865 in VICTORIA, TX.. He married ISABEL MCCARTY April 26, 1845 in CLINTON CO., OHIO. She was born 1823 in Virginia.
Notes for JAMES PATTERSON BOGAN:
JAMES PATTERSON BOGAN ENLISTED IN THE CIVIL WAR, OCTOBER 27, 1864, AT LAFAYETTE, IN. HE WAS A MEMBER OF COMPANY D, 30TH INDIANA VOLUNTEER INFANTRY. WHILE IN THE SERVICE, HE CONTACTED PNEMONIA AND DIED AUGUST 11, 1865. HE IS BURIED IN VICTORIA, TEXAS. STATISTICS AT TIME OF ENLISTMENT WERE 5 FT. 10 IN. TALL, BLUE EYES, DARK HAIR AND A FAIR COMPLEXION.
Children of JAMES BOGAN and ISABEL MCCARTY are:
25. i. NANCY J.4 BOGAN, b. December 03, 1847, Clinton Co., In.; d. February 21, 1903.
ii. ELMIRA A. BOGAN, b. 1850, INDIANA.
26. iii. HEZEKIAH J. BOGAN, b. March 16, 1853, KIRKLIN, IN..
iv. REBECCA M. BOGAN, b. September 01, 1855, KIRKLIN, IN.
v. ELI E. BOGAN, b. September 15, 1857, KIRKLIN, IN.; m. ORA HODGE, August 26, 1881.
27. vi. THOMAS J. BOGAN, b. September 14, 1859, KIRKLIN, IN.
vii. MARY E. BOGAN, b. September 10, 1863, KIRKLIN, IN.; m. JONATHAN A. NILES, October 11, 1878, CLINTON CO., IN.; b. CLINTON CO., IN.; d. February 18, 1885, CLINTON CO., IN..
11. LINDSEY3 BOGAN (MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born 1831 in VIRGINIA. He married (1) MARY AMOS July 11, 1847 in CLINTON CO. IN.. He married (2) SARAH E. BUNK September 22, 1851 in CLINTON CO., IN.. She was born August 31, 1831, and died March 13, 1886.
Children of LINDSEY BOGAN and SARAH BUNK are:
i. ALONZO FREMONT4 BOGAN.
ii. THEODORE M. BOGAN.
iii. ADELPHIA OLIVE BOGAN.
iv. VIOLET BOGAN.
v. SYLVESTER BOGAN.
vi. ELLIS BOGAN.
vii. MARY LUCINDA BOGAN.
12. MINERVA ANN3 BOGAN (MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born July 14, 1834 in CLINTON CO., OH., and died October 25, 1925 in WAVERLY, BREMER CO., IOWA. She married WILLIAM SEWELL December 07, 1851 in KIRKLIN, CLINTON CO. IN., son of THOMAS SEWELL and MARGARET HENRY. He was born March 10, 1833 in HAMILTON CO., IN, and died November 09, 1917 in SHELL ROCK, BUTLER CO., IOWA.
Notes for MINERVA ANN BOGAN:
MINERVA UNITED WITH THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WHEN SHE WAS FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. AFTER HER MARRIAGE, SHE TRANSFERRED TO HER HUSBAND'S CHURCH, THE METHODIST EPISCOPAL. THEY LIVED, FIRST, TWO MILES NORTH AND ONE MILE WEST OF JANESVILLE. IN THE FALL OF 1886, THYE MOVED TO A FARM TWO MILES SOUTH OF JANESVILLE. THEY MOVED TO SHELL ROCK IN 1894. MINERVA ANN HAD A SMALL WALNUT ROCKER WITH A CANED BACK AND SEAT. WHEN SHE WAS OLD, SHE HAD THE ROCKERS CUT OFF ON THE BACK SO IT WOULD FIT BETTER BEHIND THE STOVE. SHE COULD ROCK AND KEEP WARM IN THE CORNER. MINERVA OUTLIVED HER HUSBAND, WILLIAM, BY EIGHT YEARS, DYING IN THE HOME OF HER SON, ED SEWELL. BOTH MINERVA AND WILLIAM ARE BURIED IN RIVERSIDE CEMETERY IN SHELL ROCK, IOWA
Notes for WILLIAM SEWELL:
WILLIAM SEWELL WAS A FARMER. AS A CHILD HE HAD A FONDNESS FOR LIVING CREATURES, AND WITH THIS INTEREST FOR THE FARM LIVESTOCK, PETS AND WILD ANIMALS, HE EITHER ACCIDENTLY OF DELIBERETLY SET ABOUT TO BE A VETERINARIAN, AS WELL AS A FARMER. THUS, HE HAD A VETERINARY PRACTICE FOR MANY YEARS BEFORE THERE WAS A COLLEGE DEGREE FOR IT. THE STATE OF IOWA PASSED A LAW REQUIRING A LICENSE TO PRACTICE VETERINARY IN 1900. WILLIAM HAD BEEN IN PRACTICE IN EXCESS OF THIRTY YEARS AT THIS TIME, AND HE, AS OTHERS IN HIS SITUATION, WAS GRANTED TO PRACTICE ON HIS EXPERIENCE ON DECEMBER 31, 1900.
Children of MINERVA BOGAN and WILLIAM SEWELL are:
i. HOMER AUGUSTINE4 SEWELL, b. June 09, 1854, Janesville, Iowa; d. June 17, 1921, SHELL ROCK, IOWA; m. MARY HAMILTON, January 13, 1875.
ii. EVA TABITHA SEWELL SEWELL, b. March 30, 1857, Janesville, Iowa; d. 1941, SHELL ROCK, IOWA; m. WILL JOHNSON, 1901.
iii. IDA JANE SEWELL, b. 1860, Janesville, Iowa; d. October 21, 1931, HULL, IOWA (BUR. SHELL ROCK, IOWA); m. (1) O.J. WHEELER, Unknown; m. (2) THEODORE ZIMMERMAN, Unknown.
28. iv. EDWARD SYLVESTER SEWELL, b. June 12, 1863, Janesville, Iowa; d. October 25, 1936, WAVERLY, IOWA.
v. MARY LEILA SEWELL, b. 1867; d. 1867, JANESVILLE, IOWA.
vi. ALICE VIOLA SEWELL, b. February 03, 1868, Janesville, Iowa; d. 1965, WATERLOO, IOWA (BUR SHELL ROCK, IOWA); m. (1) GEORGE RICHARDSON, December 16, 1895; m. (2) FRED J. GIBBS, Unknown.
vii. WILLIAM ALLEN SEWELL, b. JANESVILLE, IOWA; d. WATERLOO, IOWA ?; m. LUCINDA PAUL.
29. viii. ROSA CATHERINE SEWELL, b. April 24, 1871, JANESVILLE, IOWA; d. June 11, 1956, WATERLOO, IOWA (BUR SHELL ROCK, IOWA).
ix. ORA GERTRUDE SEWELL, b. November 15, 1876, Janesville, Iowa; d. 1952, SHELL ROCK, IOWA; m. FRANK A. STOLP.
13. JOHN CARLIN3 BOGAN (MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born 1840, and died March 23, 1911 in MARION TWP., BOONE CO., IN.. He married (1) CAROLINE BENNINGTON Unknown. He married (2) JANE AYRES Unknown.
Children of JOHN BOGAN and CAROLINE BENNINGTON are:
30. i. DORA4 BOGAN.
ii. ISABELL BOGAN, m. HOWARD ALEXANDER.
iii. IVA MAE BOGAN, m. WILLIAM SMITH.
iv. JANE BOGAN, m. WALTER HILL.
v. NORA BOGAN, m. JOHN LANCHAN.
31. vi. SARAH ANN BOGAN.
vii. THOMAS BOGAN, d. IOWA.
viii. VIDA BOGAN, m. JOHN WATERS.
32. ix. RUBEN BOGAN, b. March 11, 1867; d. August 27, 1931.
33. x. ALFRED BOGAN, b. August 02, 1876, Terhune, In.; d. May 30, 1941.
14. MARION4 GRAY (JACOB3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born September 02, 1840, and
died February 08, 1901. He married NANCY ELIZABETH BOGAN, daughter of MADISON
BOGAN and ELIZA WEBSTER. She was born July 07, 1846, and died March 17, 1923.
Children of MARION GRAY and NANCY BOGAN are:
i. MADISON5 GRAY, b. 1864.
34. ii. LYDIA GRAY.
iii. JAMES FRANCIS GRAY, b. 1868; m. ADA GRAY.
iv. KATE GRAY.
v. JOHN THOMAS GRAY, b. 1871.
vi. JOSEPHINE GRAY.
vii. CLAUD A. GRAY, b. 1875.
viii. ETTA MAY GRAY.
15. ANNA C.4 GRAY (CHRISTOPHER3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born December 18, 1866 in OLIVE BRANCH, WARREN CO., OH., and died September 04, 1941 in BUR. SUGAR GROVE CEM. WARREN CO., OH.. She married JOHN W. BOGAN November 24, 1887 in WARREN CO. OH., son of JOHN BOGAN and HARRIET GRAY. He was born January 07, 1857 in Massie Twp. Warren co., Oh., and died May 22, 1946 in Wilmington, Ohio.
Children of ANNA GRAY and JOHN BOGAN are:
i. BESSIE K.5 BOGAN, b. March 1888, CLINTON CO., OHIO.
ii. JESSIE E. BOGAN, b. November 1889, CLINTON CO., OHIO; m. ALLEN Q. BECKETT, March 22, 1911, CLINTON CO., OHIO; b. May 17, 1880, CLINTON CO., OHIO.
iii. MAURICE W. BOGAN, b. September 14, 1892, CLINTON CO., OHIO; d. September 27, 1965, WASHINGTON C.H. OH.; m. (1) STELLA HAPPENY, November 22, 1913, CLINTON CO., OHIO; b. March 24, 1891, PIKE COUNTY, OHIO; m. (2) ALMA ESTELLA MCHENRY, November 23, 1938, CLINTON CO., OHIO; b. August 14, 1906, HAMILTON CO., OHIO.
16. GEORGE W.4 GRAY (ANDREW3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born October 26, 1856 in OHIO, and died October 26, 1926. He married (1) ANGELINE S. BOGAN October 27, 1871 in CLINTON CO., OH., daughter of JAMES BOGAN and ELIZABETH SHAW. He married (2) ELIDA UNK. Unknown.
Children of GEORGE GRAY and ANGELINE BOGAN are:
i. MARY5 GRAY.
ii. DOLLY GRAY.
iii. SILAS A. GRAY, b. April 23, 1873; d. November 15, 1933, WILMINGTON, OHIO.
iv. GEORGE GRAY, b. 1879.
v. PARK S. GRAY, b. November 19, 1880, CLINTON CO., OH.; d. January 1965, CLINTON CO., OH.; m. EMSEY IRTIN, CLINTON CO., OH..
35. vi. J. RAYMOND GRAY, b. April 15, 1889, CLINTON CO., OHIO; d. March 16, 1976, WILMINGTON, OHIO.
Children of GEORGE GRAY and ELIDA UNK. are:
vii. GEORGE5 GRAY, b. 1879.
Notes for GEORGE GRAY:
George Gray was in the Spanish American War.
viii. BERTHA GRAY, b. October 1881; d. 1950.
ix. GROVER GRAY, b. 1884.
Notes for GROVER GRAY:
Grover Gray was last heard from in Newport News, Va.
17. JAMES EDWARD4 GRAY (ANDREW3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born June 22, 1858 in OHIO, and died March 10, 1924. He married SARAH MARTHA RICH November 21, 1882, daughter of LOUIS RICH and RACHEL UNK.. She was born February 14, 1863.
Children of JAMES GRAY and SARAH RICH are:
36. i. EFFIE5 GRAY, b. July 03, 1883.
ii. FLORENCE GRAY, b. October 09, 1884; d. March 30, 1954; m. CHARLES COLLIER.
18. ANNA ELIZABETH4 GRAY (ANDREW3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born February 23, 1860 in CLARKSVILLE, OH., and died July 12, 1926. She married JAMES WALTER BOGAN August 24, 1882 in CLINTON CO., OH., son of JOHN BOGAN and MARTHA JOBE. He was born March 18, 1860, and died January 05, 1934 in WILMINGTON, OH.
Children of ANNA GRAY and JAMES BOGAN are:
37. i. VERNON LEROY5 BOGAN, b. February 04, 1883, CLINTON CO. OH.; d. May 04, 1951.
38. ii. MARTHA OLIVE BOGAN, b. November 26, 1884, CLINTON CO., OH..
39. iii. JOHN A. BOGAN, b. January 15, 1888, CLINTON CO., OH.; d. July 18, 1963, WILMINGTON, OH..
iv. BESSIE BELLE BOGAN, b. November 18, 1889, CHESTER TWP., CLINTON CO., OH.; d. July 1972, WILMINGTON, OH.; m. RALPH W. HAWORTH, August 03, 1935, CLINTON CO., OH.; b. November 09, 1876, CLINTON CO., OH.; d. May 22, 1956.
19. SARAH MARIA4 GRAY (ANDREW3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born January 17, 1864 in OHIO, and died 1885. She married THOMAS COLLINS.
Child of SARAH GRAY and THOMAS COLLINS is:
i. UNK. SON5 COLLINS, d. 1886.
20. HANNAH ETTA4 GRAY (ANDREW3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born March 07, 1867 in OHIO, and died February 13, 1940. She married THOMAS MCGUINN December 15, 1895. He died March 07, 1952.
Child of HANNAH GRAY and THOMAS MCGUINN is:
i. HOWARD FRANCIS5 MCGUINN, b. October 25, 1897.
21. CHARLES WESLEY4 GRAY (ANDREW3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born October 04, 1869 in OHIO. He married BERTHA RICH.
Child of CHARLES GRAY and BERTHA RICH is:
40. i. MARY5 GRAY.
22. FRANCIS WALTER4 GRAY (ANDREW3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born February 21, 1876 in OHIO. He married ETHEL LINTON October 26, 1899. She was born October 26, 1879, and died February 28, 1932.
Children of FRANCIS GRAY and ETHEL LINTON are:
i. UNKNOWN5 SON.
41. ii. MARIANNA GRAY, b. November 18, 1901.
23. CALVARY4 BOGAN (MARY JANE3, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) He married MARIAN HARDING.
Children of CALVARY BOGAN and MARIAN HARDING are:
i. IVA5 BOGAN.
ii. MYRTLE BOGAN.
iii. MELISSA BOGAN.
iv. MITCHEL BOGAN.
v. ALVIN BOGAN.
vi. ETTA BOGAN.
24. ELIZA JANE4 BOGAN (MARY JANE3, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born February 01, 1859 in CLINTON CO., IN., and died August 01, 1892 in CLINTON CO. IN.. She married ABRAM ELCANEY BUNDY1. He was born 18571, and died 19271.
Notes for ABRAM ELCANEY BUNDY:
Most likely buried in Colefax, In. Lisa Bogan, his first wife died and he remarried.
1830,40,50 IN census in Washington, CO, IN page 328, 109, 340.
There is also a Abram Bundy in the 1850 OH cenus page 174
Child of ELIZA BOGAN and ABRAM BUNDY is:
42. i. DELLA I.5 BUNDY, b. September 13, 1882, KIRKLIN, CLINTON CO. IN.; d. February 25, 1929.
25. NANCY J.4 BOGAN (JAMES PATTERSON3, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born December 03, 1847 in Clinton Co., In., and died February 21, 1903. She married (1) LAFAYETTE BOTTS February 26, 1882. She married (2) HIRAM MCKINSEY Unknown. He was born March 09, 1858.
Child of NANCY BOGAN and HIRAM MCKINSEY is:
i. LILLIE G.5 MCKINSEY, b. 1870; d. October 24, 1898.
26. HEZEKIAH J.4 BOGAN (JAMES PATTERSON3, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born March 16, 1853 in KIRKLIN, IN.. He married ELIZA C. THOMPSON February 12, 1887 in CLINTON CO., IN..
Children of HEZEKIAH BOGAN and ELIZA THOMPSON are:
i. HARRY5 BOGAN.
ii. CLARENCE B. BOGAN, b. March 1891.
27. THOMAS J.4 BOGAN (JAMES PATTERSON3, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born September 14, 1859 in KIRKLIN, IN. He married MINNIE E. EMBERS April 05, 1883 in CLINTON CO., IN..
Children of THOMAS BOGAN and MINNIE EMBERS are:
i. CLINT5 BOGAN, b. March 1885.
ii. HAZEL BOGAN, b. 1893.
iii. PAULINE BOGAN, b. April 1895.
iv. BERT BOGAN, b. March 1896.
v. RUTH BOGAN, b. March 1898.
28. EDWARD SYLVESTER4 SEWELL (MINERVA ANN3 BOGAN, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born June 12, 1863 in Janesville, Iowa, and died October 25, 1936 in WAVERLY, IOWA. He married (1) LESTINA AMELIA MCCAFFREE November 25, 1886, daughter of CHARLES MCCAFFREE and CYNTHIA MESSINGER. She was born April 20, 1862 in Bremer Co., Iowa. He married (2) HELENA HAZLITT Unknown.
Children of EDWARD SEWELL and LESTINA MCCAFFREE are:
i. LEE5 SEWELL, b. September 18, 1887, Janesville, Bremer Co., Iowa; d. August 23, 1888, Janesville, Bremer Co., Iowa.
43. ii. LENA SEWELL, b. August 20, 1888, Janesville, Iowa; d. October 18, 1977, Waterloo, Iowa (Bur. Jesup, Iowa).
iii. ILA SEWELL, b. July 17, 1890, Janesville, Iowa; d. April 05, 1973, Sand Point, Idaho; m. EARL GIBSON, December 23, 1914, Janesville, Iowa; d. December 01, 1973, Sand Point, Idaho.
44. iv. EVA SEWELL, b. January 04, 1892, Janesville, Iowa; d. April 18, 1988, Tacoma, Washington.
45. v. ORRIN FLOYD SEWELL, b. February 09, 1896, Dade Co., Missouri; d. October 31, 1986, Bemidji, Minnesota.
46. vi. BLANCHE SEWELL, b. February 22, 1898, Dade Co., Missouri; d. January 26, 1967, Buried - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania.
vii. HILDA SEWELL, b. February 21, 1900, Janesville, Iowa; d. August 31, 1905, Janesville, Iowa.
47. viii. ORA OZRO SEWELL, b. February 20, 1902, Janesville, Iowa; d. December 05, 1985, Shell Rock, Iowa.
48. ix. VIOLET SEWELL, b. April 07, 1904, Shell Rock, Iowa; d. October 28, 1980, West Union, Iowa (Bur - Fayette, Iowa).
29. ROSA CATHERINE4 SEWELL (MINERVA ANN3 BOGAN, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born April 24, 1871 in JANESVILLE, IOWA, and died June 11, 1956 in WATERLOO, IOWA (BUR SHELL ROCK, IOWA). She married WILL ARTHUR PUFFER April 07, 1896.
Child of ROSA SEWELL and WILL PUFFER is:
i. KENNETH5 PUFFER.
30. DORA4 BOGAN (JOHN CARLIN3, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) She married TOM MCVEY.
Children of DORA BOGAN and TOM MCVEY are:
i. EDWARD5 MCVEY.
ii. GURNEY MCVEY.
iii. IDA MCVEY.
iv. JESSE MCVEY.
31. SARAH ANN4 BOGAN (JOHN CARLIN3, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) She married (1) UNK. KING. She married (2) MELVIN FRANKLIN.
Children of SARAH BOGAN and MELVIN FRANKLIN are:
i. VINNIE5 FRANKLIN.
ii. JESSIE FRANKLIN.
49. iii. OPAL FRANKLIN.
32. RUBEN4 BOGAN (JOHN CARLIN3, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born March 11, 1867, and died August 27, 1931. He married MARY ANN CONLEY. She was born in TIPTON CO., IN..
Children of RUBEN BOGAN and MARY CONLEY are:
50. i. FREELOVE5 BOGAN, b. January 29, 1893.
ii. HARRY ORVAL BOGAN, b. 1895; d. July 14, 1897.
51. iii. BERNICE BOGAN, b. June 18, 1910.
33. ALFRED4 BOGAN (JOHN CARLIN3, MARGARET2 GRAY, WILLIAM1) was born August 02, 1876 in Terhune, In., and died May 30, 1941. He married STELLA GRAHAM December 22, 1897. She was born July 01, 1879 in TETERSBURG, IN., and died January 18, 1947.
Children of ALFRED BOGAN and STELLA GRAHAM are:
52. i. EDITH MAE5 BOGAN, b. October 11, 1899; d. January 20, 1956.
53. ii. ROY CHESTER BOGAN, b. August 17, 1902; d. December 16, 1957.
54. iii. ESSIE GENEVA BOGAN, b. February 06, 1905; d. May 20, 1957.
34. LYDIA5 GRAY (MARION4, JACOB3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) She married JOHN YEAZEL.
Child of LYDIA GRAY and JOHN YEAZEL is:
i. HARRY6 YEAZEL.
35. J. RAYMOND5 GRAY (GEORGE W.4, ANDREW3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born April 15, 1889 in CLINTON CO., OHIO, and died March 16, 1976 in WILMINGTON, OHIO. He married LEONA BERNARD April 17, 1916.
Child of J. GRAY and LEONA BERNARD is:
i. JAMES BERNARD6 GRAY, m. SARAH UNK..
36. EFFIE5 GRAY (JAMES EDWARD4, ANDREW3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born July 03, 1883. She married BIRTSEL THOMPSON March 28, 1905.
Children of EFFIE GRAY and BIRTSEL THOMPSON are:
55. i. MAYNARD6 THOMPSON, b. January 21, 1906.
ii. LEWIS THOMPSON, b. September 12, 1909; m. LENA EARHART, June 20, 1935.
iii. MARY MARTHA THOMPSON, b. August 04, 1920; m. WM. O. MCCLELLAN, February 06, 1942.
37. VERNON LEROY5 BOGAN (ANNA ELIZABETH4 GRAY, ANDREW3, JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born February 04, 1883 in CLINTON CO. OH., and died May 04, 1951. He married (1) NINA P. PROBASCO November 09, 1911 in CLINTON CO., OH., daughter of WILLIAM PROBASCO and ANNA REED. She was born November 27, 1884, and died February 11, 1969 in WILMINGTON, OH.. He married (2) SARAH SUSANNA SMITH Unknown.
Children of VERNON BOGAN and NINA PROBASCO are:
56. i. ROBERT WALTER6 BOGAN, b. February 23, 1913, CLINTON CO., OH..
ii. RUTH ANNA BOGAN, b. April 10, 1920, CLINTON CO., OH.; m. RAYMOND EARL CRAWFORD, March 07, 1941, CLINTON CO., OH.; b. June 07, 1910, LAWRENCE CO., OH..
Notes for RUTH ANNA BOGAN:
Teacher of schools in Springfield, Ohio.
Child of VERNON BOGAN and SARAH SMITH is:
iii. JAMES6 BOGAN, b. April 13, 1916, WARREN CO. OH..
NOTICE: All documents and electronic images placed on the Warren County OHGenWeb site remain the property of the contributors, who retain publication rights in accordance with US Copyright Laws and Regulations. These documents may be used by anyone for their personal research. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent of the contributor, or their legal representative, and contact the listed Warren County OHGenWeb coordinator with proof of this consent.
This page created 16 Nov 2004 and last updated
16 November, 2004
© 2004 Arne H Trelvik All rights reserved