According to Beers History of Warren County, a Bethany Church was located on this site as early as 1815. The first preacher, Richard Simonton was ordained on the 18th of October, 1821 and the church was formally organized as a Christian (or New Light) Church on Dec. 15, 1821. The church is now occupied by the Bethany United Church of Christ who continue to operate this active cemetery.
The Bethany United Church of Christ Cemetery is located in Turtlecreek Township 1026 N State Route 123 (just west of Interstate 71) and is in Section 23, Twp 5E Range 3N.Cemetery Transcriptions:
[to add your photos email them to Arne
Tombstone photos are now arranged alphabetically. Click on the appropriate Link to see the photos and transcriptions that have been submitted.
Old Bible inside donated (or owned) by Mrs Wm Dunham (probably William Henry Dunham which would make her Lydia Wilgus Dunham)
Photo contributed by Christopher Strauss 9 Mar 2005
This page created 9 Aug 2003 and last updated
10 June, 2009
© 2003-2007 Arne H Trelvik All rights reserved