This page is part of the Warren
County Ohio GenWeb project
You are our
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
visitor since 24 January 2012 -- thanks for stopping by!
||Springboro Orthodox Quaker Cemetery
vaccant lot east of 145 East Market
Springboro, Clearcreek Township, Warren County, Ohio
The Springboro Monthly Meeting first met in 1824, became
the Orthodox branch in 1828 and was laid down in 1875. The property
was acquired by the Trustees for the Society of Friends in the town
of Springborough from James & Delitha Hunnicutt in 1836 and is now
a vacant hillside lot owned by High Concrete Technology whose factory
is located at the bottom of the hill. Nearly all aremaining stones
are now laying on the ground.
- End of East Market Street, two blocks east of South Main Street, Springboro,
- "Ohio Cemeteries 1803-2003" by the Ohio
Genealogical Society , Cemetery #12199 [Friends-Quaker Cemetery]
- Coordinates: 39° 33' 13.8" N, 84° 13'
- TRS: Range 5 North Township 2 East Section 7
- Other Warren County Quaker Burying Grounds: Caesars
Creek, Roachester, Springboro
Hicksite, Turtlecreek, Waynesville
GNIS - Springboro Orthodox Quaker Cemetery is not included
- Quaker Resources compiled by Thomas C. Hill
Image of the cemetery location from Bing
- Village of Springboro
from Warner's 1867 Warren County
Ohio Wall Map
of American Quaker Genealogy. Vol. V: (Ohio Monthly Meetings) pages
which begins with
"Springborough Monthly Meeting, located in
Warren county, was established by Miami Quarterly Meeting and composed
of Springborough and Sugar Creek Preparative Meetings on 9 Mo. 28, 1824.
The meeting was seriously divided at the time of the Hicksite Separation.
The monthly meeting was discontinued in 1875, and merged with Miami
Monthly Meeting. Jonathan Wright and Deborah Batemen were clerks, Mary
Kenworthy and Elizabeth Miller, overseers, and Mary Taylor an elder.
Other families were Garretson, Webster, Horner, Williams, Way, Chandler,
Wilson, Haines, Leeds, O'Neal, Stanton, Kenworthy, Jones, Taylor and
- Find A Grave site for this cemetery is identified as Friends
Cemetery also known as Quaker Cemetery CRid=2578385
County Auditor for Property Account
# 0520209, Parcel ID 04071570080 - 0.2 acres owned by High
Image provided by Mike
Ransom 23 November 2016
NOTICE: All documents and electronic images placed on the Warren
County OHGenWeb site remain the property of the contributors, who retain publication
rights in accordance with US Copyright Laws and Regulations. These documents may
be used b anyone for their personal research. Persons or organizations desiring
to use this material, must obtain the written consent of the contributor, or their
legal representative, and contact the listed Warren County OHGenWeb coordinator
with proof of this consent.
This page created 24 January 2012 and last updated
23 November, 2016
© 2012-2016 Arne
H Trelvik All rights reserved