Wayne County Links
If you have a "Home Page" that has a link to Wayne Co.,
this is the place to put it!
- Photographs from Joseph Marshall's Album, circa 1900, Doylestown, Ohio
- My great-grandparents, Joseph (1843-1923) and Catherine (RILEY) MARSHALL (1843-1924), who lived in Doylestown, kept a photo album. Many of the photographs in their album are of unidentified people, presumably friends, in-laws, and relatives.
Among their relatives and in-laws were members of the MARSHALL, DAGENHART, WHITMAN, HUMMEL, OTT, RECH, GARDNER, PETIT, SHONDEL, STEINMETZ, WILGOHS, and KINDIG, families. The photos in this album appear to date from the 1850's to about 1900.
I've created a web page containing these photographs and wish to encourage people whose ancestors might be among those pictured to view this web page.
- Swartz Genealogy Connections
- The Spake Family of Wayne County, Ohio
- Wonderly Family with Wayne County Ties
- Brinkers of Wayne and Medina Counties
- Dahlheimer Family of Minnesota (with ties to Wayne and Stark Counties in Ohio)
- The ancestors of the Dahlheimer family of Minnesota emigrated from Germany in 1852 and settled first in Sugar Creek Township, Wayne County, Ohio. In 1855, most of the family immigrated to Dayton in Hennepin County, Minnesota.
A few family members stayed in Ohio from 1855-1873, moved to Minnesota briefly from 1873 to 1875, and then returned to
Ohio where the last Ohio descendant died in 1954. Most of the descendants of the Dahlheimer family now live in Minnesota.
- The David Webner family - David emigrated to Smithville in 1852
- 64th Ohio
- We are in the process of redeveloping the online archives of the 64th Ohio Infantry into a complete user based network in an endeavor to collect and archive any and all information and documents pertaining to this civil war regiment.
- 64th Ohio county designations:
- Company A Richland County
- Company B Marion County
- Company C Richland County
- Company D Marion County
- Company E Ashland & Crawford Counties
- Company F Van Wert County
- Company G Clark & Summit Counties
- Company H Richland County
- Company I Stark & Wayne Counties
- Company K Crawford County
- The site gives users the ability to upload images and documents, submit transcriptions and articles, communicate through forums, contribute to the gravesite directory, establish a user profile with features such as web blogs, private messaging, article/upload credits, personal image galleries, networking an more. All of these activities and more can be performed from any web browser anywhere. It is not just site but a community and an effort to bring private collectors and historians together through a community similar to the modern day myspace.com's. Not only can this be useful for classroom based projects but a complete user based archive will hopefully uncover more items that otherwise would have been undiscovered.
If you have any information pertaining to this regiment we would love to see you join the community.
- The Thompson/Dorland/Burge and McFarland Families of Fredericksburg, Ohio
- This link is but a small piece of a much bigger family tree centered around Wayne County, Salt Creek Township, Fredericksburg, Ohio.
- Castor Association of America
- The Castor Association of America is a non-profit organization dedicated to the discovery and preservation of family history for the surname of Castor and many of the variations of it. The CAOA Archives are a collection of books, reports, photographs, wills, deeds, vital records and contributions from the members which preserves the family history. We are currently following these family surnames and have lineage information concerning each of them: Caster, Castor, Coster, Custard, Custer, Gerster, Kaster, Keister, Kester, Kiester, Kister, Koester, Koster, Kuester, Kuster, Kustard, Kusterd.