USGenWeb Logo Caddo County, OK

OKGenWeb

OKGenWeb

Caddo County Schools

School Photos

====================

HISTORIES

Caddo | Cache | Davis | Neola | Prairie | South Pioneer
Mary Gregory Memorial School - Fait Mission
====================

Early Caddo County School Districts

====================

Graduate's Names listed in order of postoffice, not by name of school

1916 8th Grade Graduates

1917 8th Grade Graduates

1918 8th Grade Graduates

1919 8th Grade Graduates

====================

Anadarko

Anadarko High School Class of 1941
Anadarko High School Class of 1949
Anadarko High School Class of 1950
Anadarko High School Class of 1951
Anadarko High School Class of 1952
Anadarko High School Class of 1953

====================

Broxton

Broxton School History

1912 Census

1913 Census

1914 Census

1915 Census

1916 Census

1917 Census

1918 Census

1919 Census

1920 Census

====================

Carnegie

Carnegie 1916 Thanksgiving Program

====================

Fort Cobb

1940 yearbook, Fort Cobb Schools

====================

Richland

Richland School

====================

Riverside

Riverside School Administrators

====================

These schools, now in Grady county, were in Caddo county until 1911 when the Caddo and Grady counties line was changed.

  • ACME (Dist #11 in Grady county) was located 3 miles west of Rush Springs and was named for the Acme Cement
    Plaster.
  • BANNER (Dist #42 in Grady county) was located one and one half miles south of Pioneer.
  • BURR OAK (Dist #118 in Grady county) was established in 1902 on land owned by Jane Shirley. She was the widow of William Shirley, a white man who had one of the first trading post in Anadarko, the Caddo tribe adopted them, he died in 1911 after acidentaly taking poison, he thought it was medicine, he is buried at Riverside Cem North of Anadarko and
    in 1901 when they alloted the Caddo's each 160 acres, she was alloted land also as a adopted member of the tribe. It was located on a hill five miles west and one and one half miles north of Minco. Burr Oak received its name from a tree that was located near the school. School board members in 1902 were J.B. Hines, president; W.C. West, treasurer; and J.T. Hennessy, clerk. One of the first school teachers was Bessie Showen. Her family came to the area in 1901 when the Kiowa- Comanche Indian Land Drawing was held at El Reno.
  • COLLEGE MOUND (Dist #19 in Grady county) was a two-room school located three miles south and four miles west
    of Rush Springs.
  • COTTONWOOD (Dist #77 in Grady county) was a one-room school located nine miles west and ten miles south
    of Chickasha.
  • FAIRVIEW (Dist #78 in Grady county) was a three-room school located eight miles south and five miles west
    ofChickasha.
  • FREEMAN (Dist #44 in Grady county) was a two-room Mennonite school located eight miles west and one mile south
    of Chickasha.
  • HAZEL DELL (Dist #119 in Grady county) was located four miles west and two miles north of Minco. Established in 1907 it got its name from a little four year old girl, Hazel Baker, daughter of one of the twelve people who signed a note to build the school. Wilbur Patchin was the first teacher.
  • IONINE (Dist #93 in Grady county) located north of Verden on Ionine Creek.
  • KEECHI (Dist #76 in Grady county) was a one-room school that was located nine miles east of Cement and named for the Keechi Indian Tribe.
  • LAVERTY (Dist #79 in Grady county) was a one-room school located five miles northeast of Cement and named after Lealis Laverty, the developer. There was a post office from 19-Nov-1901 until 30-Nov-1933.
  • LIBERTY (Dist #94 in Grady county) was a one-room school house located southwest of Pocasset at the 100th meridian across the road of the Liberty Cemetery.
  • LITTLE RUSH (Dist # 7 in Grady county) was located four miles north and four miles west of Rush Spring on Rush
    Creek.
  • LYONS (Dist #43 in Grady county) was a two-room school located eight miles west and five miles south of Chickasha. Was named after the Lyons family.
  • OAK DALE (Dist #12 in Grady county) was located four miles north and one and one half miles west of Rush Springs.
  • PLEASANT HILL (Dist #75 in Grady county) was located seven miles west and eight miles south of Chickasha. Named after the countryside.
  • RICHLAND (Dist # 20 in Grady county) was located three miles south and six miles west of Rush Springs.
  • ROCKY FORD (Dist #8 in Grady county) was located six miles west and four miles north of Rush Springs.
  • SANDLIN (Dist #39 in Grady county) located seven miles west of Chickasha and named for the Sandlin family.
  • STARR (Dist # 24 in Grady county) was a two-room school located six miles south and four miles west of Rush Springs.
  • TENNESSEE (Dist # 13 in Grady county) located northeast of Verden and named after Tennessee Bill.
  • UNION CENTER (Dist # 41 in Grady county) located one and one half miles north of Pioneer.
  • VALLEY VIEW WEST (Dist # 10 in Grady county) was established in the eastern part of Caddo county.
  • VERDEN (Dist # 130 and 99 in Grady county) located ten miles west of Chickasha and was named after A. N. Verden the town developer.

SEARCH

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Website search technology courtesy FreeFind.com

E Mail
Mel Owings - coordinator

This page last updated Friday, September 19, 2014

Copyright 2001 - 2014 Mel Owings