Town of Devol
| Devol was named after Frank Devol, who established
the post office in 1908. Devol
was located in what is known as "The Big Pasture".
Devol once had 4 churches, 5 lumberyards, 4 grocery stores, a dry-goods, 3 banks,
3 grain elevators, 3 cotton gins, 3 doctors, 3 theaters, an oil refinery, and school with
classes 1 to 12 with twelve teachers.