A post office from December 14, 1911 to October 14, 1922.
Named for Clay Heyburn, long-time local resident.
The small hamlet, Heyburn, was built along the Frisco railroad in the Sunrise School District during the late 1880's and by 1920 there were two general stores, a post office, a railroad depot, a cotton gin and population of approximately 35 people.
When US Highway 66 was built, about one-half mile north of Heyburn, one of the general stores associated with a gasoline service station moved to the highway and within a few years Heyburn deteriorated and vanished. The old store on the highway has changed owners several times and changed locations four times, but is still known as the Heyburn Store.
Huber Self and Melvin Self, Growing Up in Indian Territory (Manhattan, Kan. : Ag Press, 1985), 11.