Oklahoma Genealogical Society
Canadian Free Press Newspaper—Hemphill County, Texas
From Oklahoma Genealogical Society Quarterly Vol. 27 Number 3, 1979
Transcribed to Electronic form by Jo White
Abstracted by Mrs. Juhree Carr, Canadian, Texas
· A cowboy named FRED PINCH but who was known as PRIEST was killed at Woodward, I.T., by lightening while in charge of MULHALL’s herd.
· SPADA SUNSHINE, a full-blooded Cherokee, was hunt at Tahlequah, I.T. on Sept. 9 for crime of killing LONG JOHN at Sequoyah.
· BILLY OLIVE, son of PRINCE OLIVE, was killed by W.H. HENDERSON at Beever (sic) City, I.T.
· GEORGE BRUSHER shot and killed JOHN CLARK at Beaver City, no man’s land (sic) February 8th.
November 14th, 1888
· CAP’T. JOHN MILLER was killed at Jimtown, Indian Territory November 17th (sic).
January 8th, 1889
· POLK STUART & SIEB JONES were down from the Strip for several days last week.
· Dr. HART and family have moved to the promised land (meaning Oklahoma Territory).
· C.W. POWERS of San Francisco was a caller Monday. He is on his way overland from New Mexico to Oklahoma.
· Miss LULA NATION died at her home in Indian Territory the 14th of November.
Page Designed by Ronda Redden
Copyright © 2002 The Oklahoma Genealogical Society