Oklahoma Genealogical Society
Ijams Bible Record:
Loose Sheets from the Bible of Eli Ijams
From Oklahoma Genealogical Society
Quarterly Vol. 10, No. 4, December 1965
Transcribed to Electronic form by Jo White
Copied from the Holy Bible, published by Silas Andrus
& Son, 1846. This Bible was owned
by Hiram Burch and is now in the possession of Mrs. John H. Williams, Tulsa,
(This family is recorded
by both of the surnames “Ijams” and “Iams.” [Transcriber])
- Eli Iams on the 15th May 1790
- Catherine Crawford on the 13th
- Alfred Iams on the 11th August 1816
- Rufus Iams on the 19th of August 1818
- Percival Smith Iams on the 4th of
- Sarah Iams on the 18th of March 1822
- Frances Maria Iams on the 19th of
- Eleanor Iams on the 17th day of
- Mary Wilson Iams on the 23rd day of
- John Leedham Iams on the 25th day of
December 1835 at 5 o’clock morning
- Baylies Phillips March 29, 1792
- Hiram B. Iams on the 25th day of May
- James Eli Berkley son of Austin and Sarah
Berkley was born June 8th 1846
- Charles Elijah Wells Oct. 8th 1846
- Wm Putnam Ijams January 18th 1847
- Mary Ellen Berkley born June 5th 1849
- John Eli Wells born August 18th 1849
- Mary Catherine Ijams born February 2nd
- Eli Iams to Catherine Crawford October 12th
- Married by Rev. Thos. Wiskes Rufus P. Iams to
Mary W. Burch, Marietta, May 26, 1842
- Married by Rev. J.L. Grover, Austin Berkley to
Sarah Ijams, Marietta, June 20th 1844
- Married by the Rev. J.L. Lewis Mr. E.C. Wells of
Wellsburg, Va. to Miss F. Maria Iams, Marietta
- Married October 28th 1845 Ephraim E.
Wells of Wellsburg, Va. to Francis Maria Ijams of Marietta, Ohio
- Married at Portsmouth, Ohio by Rev _____,
Percival Smith Ijams to Marionette Oldfield April 1849
- Alfred Iams on March 24th 1818 aged 1
year seven months and thirteen days
- John Leedham Iiams (sic) on the 13th day
of May 1836 aged four months and 23 days
- Baylies Phillips on the 6th day of
- John Granville Berkley; son of Austin and Sarah
Berkley died May 2nd 1887 at Marietta
- Eli Ijams died at Marietta of apoplexy May 26th
1857 aged 67 years 11 days
- Francis Maria Wells died at Marietta January
- Mary Wilson Iams died at Marietta Ohio (date not
- Francis Maria Wells died at Marietta June 7th
1858 of consumption aged 34 years 9 months 19 days
- Charles E. Wells died at Somerville, Va. January
- Catherine Iams died at Marietta August 30th
1872 aged 79 years 6 months
- Hiram Burch was born the thirteenth day of
October A.D. One thousand Seven hundred and Ninety-six
- Nancy Whiting was born on the Sixth day of February
A.D. One thousand Seven hundred Ninety-eight.
- Lucy Amanda Burch was born on the First day of
December A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and Twenty-one.
- Mary Whiting Burch was born on the Twenty-fifth
day of January A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and Twenty-four.
- Ellen Elosha Burch was born on the Thirteenth
day of May A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and Twenty-seven.
- Sarah Frances Burch was born on the Third day of
February A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and Thirty.
- Hiram Burch Deming was born December 13, 1858
- Hiram Burch Iams was born May 24, 1843
- William Putnam Iams was born January 18th
- Mary Catherine Iams was born February 2nd
- Edward Lewis Iams was born August 5th
- Josiah Whiting born May 19th 1767
- Sarab (sic) Ward Whiting born March 1st
- Nancy Whiting born February 6th 1798
- Jemima Whiting born Dec. 24th 1802
- Mary Whiting born March 26th 1805
- Joseph Whiting born Dec. 21st 1806
- Susan Whiting
- Benjamin F. Whiting
- Abby Whiting
- Levi Whiting
- Sarah Whiting
- Hiram Burch and Nancy Whiting were married on
the Eighteenth day of February A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and
- Rufus P. Iams and Mary W. Burch were married on
the Twenty sixth day of May A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and Forty-two.
- William H. Deming and Ellen E. Burch were
married on the Twenty-ninth day of May A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and
- Robert A. Garrison and Sarah F. Burch were
married on the Seventh day of October A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and
- Lucy Amanda Burch died on the Twenty first day
of March A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and Twenty-two, aged three months
and twenty-one days.
- Nancy Whiting Burch died on the Seventh day of
December A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and Fifty-five, aged fifty-seven
years nine months and one day.
- Ellen Elosha Deming died on the tenth day of
September A.D. One thousand Eight hundred and Fifty-nine, aged Thirty-two
years three months and twenty-seven days.
- Sarah Frances Garrison died on the 5th
day of July 1860, aged thirty years five months and two days.
- Edward L. Boardman died on the third day of
August 1860, aged twenty-seven years.
Adopted son of Hiram and Nancy Burch.
- Edward Lewis Iams died Nov. 21st
1860, aged 3 months and 16 days.
- Hiram Burch Deming died at the house of R.P.
Iams Aug. 31st 1861, aged two years and nine months.
- Sarah Whiting died January 18th 1834,
aged 55 years 10 mos. And 17 days.
- Josiah Whiting died Aug. 20, 1835, aged 68 years
and 3 months.
- Joseph Whiting died Sept. 28th 1837,
aged 30 years and 9 months.
- Levi Whiting died March 1839, aged 22 years.
- Benjamin F. Whiting died August 1842, aged 29
- Mary Whiting Wedge died _____, aged _____ years.
- Hiram Burch died at Marietta November 27th
1882, aged eighty-six years one month and fourteen days.
BURCH LINE TO HIRAM BURCH (Added)
- Jeremiah Burch m. June 1696,
at Stratford, Conn., Elizabeth Wheeler b 15 Feb. 1669, dau of John
Wheeler and Sarah Sherwood
- Jeremiah Burch b. 10 June
1699, m. 24 March 1726 Sarah Beecher b. 24 Feb. 1702/3, dau. of Samuel
Beecher and Sarah Hurd
- William Burch b. 13 Nov.
1726, d. 8 July 1797, Newtown, Conn., m. 27 Sept. 1850 Catherine Hubbell
b. July 1732, d. 11 Feb. 1812, Newtown, Conn., dau. of Peter Hubbell and
- William Burch b. 16 Oct.
1766, Newton, Conn., m. Grace Northrup b. 24 July 1771, Conn., dau. of
Nathaniel Northrup and Esther Gould
- Hiram Burch (of Bible Record)
b. 13 Oct. 1796, Newtown, Conn., d. 27 Nov. 1882, Marietta, Ohio, m. 18
Feb. 1821 Nancy Whiting b. 6 Feb. 1798 Belpre, Ohio, d. 7 Dec. 1855,
Marietta, Ohio, dau of Josiah Whiting and Sarah Ward.
Ijams Bible Record
Copied from the Bible of Rufus Putnam
Ijams. Now in the possession of Mrs.
W.G. Kirk, Gower, Missouri
- Hiram Burch Iams was born 24 May 1843
- William Putnam Iams born at Marietta, Ohio, Jan.
- Mary Katherine Iams born at Marietta, Ohio, Feb.
- Edward Lewis Iams born at Marietta, Ohio, Aug.
- Hiram Burch Deming, son of Ellen E. and W.H. Deming
was born Dec. 13, 1858
- married on Thursday May 26, 1842 by Rev. Thomas
Wickes: Rufus P. Iams to Mary
- married on Thursday Feb. 28, 1872 by Rev. John
Boyd: Hiram Burch Iams to Fannie
- married on Wednesday Feb. 6, 1878 at Terre
Haute, Ind. by Rev. S.F. Dunham:
William P. Ijams to Sallie Warren
- Hiram Burch Ijams died at San Antonio, Texas
March 6, 1896, aged 52 years 9 mos. and 10 days
- Frances Earle Clark Ijams died at Springfield,
Mass. Aug. 12, 1898 aged 50 years 4 mos. and 20 days
- Mary Whiting Burch Ijams died at Terre Haute,
Ind. Jan. 6, 1899 aged 72 years 11 mos. and 12 days
- William Putnam Ijams died at Terre Haute, Ind.
March 22, 1922, aged 75 years 2 mos. and 4 days
- Edward Lewis Iams died at Marietta, Ohio, Nov.
21, 1860, aged 3 mos. and 16 days.
- Sarah Iams Berkley died April 10, 1879, aged 57
years and 22 days
- Capt. Hiram Burch died Nov. 27, 1882, aged 86
years 1 mo. and 14 days
[Oklahoma Genealogical Society] [OKGenWeb] [USGenWeb]
Designed by Ronda Redden
Design Gallery Live
Copyright © 2002 The Oklahoma
You are the 1693visitor
to this page since January 12, 2003
Thursday, 30-Dec-2004 13:35:13 MST