Oklahoma Genealogical Society
Parks Family Records
Taken from Oklahoma Genealogical Society Quarterly Vol. 9, No. 3, September 1964
Transcribed to Electronic form by Jo White
I, Anna Shaw. . .Registrar of Deeds and Custodian of the Marriage Record for County of Randolph, State of North Carolina, hereby certify that Henry Parks. . .yrs age of, and Susanna Stout. . .yrs age of. . .secured Marriage Bond and were legally Married by Washington Parkes (sic) on the 15 day of September 1835 in the presence of John B. Troy. Washington Parks was a Bro to Henry Parks, Witnesses, and License has been returned and is now a part of the record of said County.
In testimony whereof, I hereunto set my hand and affix my official seal this 18th day of February 1959
Official Seal by Maxine Brookshire, Deputy
Register of Deeds
Randolph Co., North Carolina
Soon after this couple was married they moved to Weakley County, Tennessee where all of their children were born and raised. Three sons were in the Civil War, and on their return home they came back to Weakley County, Tenn., married and raised their families in Weakley Co., Tenn.; also died in Weakley Co., Tenn.
Children of the above couple were:
1. George Washington Parks, B. Oct 22, 1836, Weakley Co., Tenn., D. 30 Dec. 1914, M. Susan Pope, B. Oct. 31, 1849. Parents of Susan Pope were Jorden Pope and wife, Jane Payne.
2. Wm. or William Gaston, B. 22 March 1838, Weakley Co., Tenn., D. 19 Jan. 1866, unmarried.
3. Ephraim H., B. July 26, 1840, Weakley Co., Tenn., D. 7 Aug. 1918, M. Emily Alice Finch, B. 1851, D. 1916. Ephraim H. Parks M. February 2, 1871.
4. Mary Elizabeth Parks, B. Aug. 6, 1841, Weakley Co., Tenn., D. October 14, 1886, M. W.H. Henry Lynn, B. Jan. 19, 1837, D. Jan. 16, 1871.
5. Thomas Parks, B. 1845 (? Transcriber) Weakley Co., Tenn., M. Mary Pope B. 1853, (?Transcriber) D. 1930. Thomas Parks D. 1928.
6. Henry Samuel (H.S.) Parks, B. Jan. 5, 1882, D. Nov. 1, 1929 in Parker County, Texas, M. Lurinda Frances Edwards, B. Dec. 13, 1885 at Helena, Phillips Co., Arkansas, D. July 16, 1942 at Springtown, Parker Co., Texas. This couple was married in Weakley Co., Tenn., moving to Texas in the year of 1891. All of their children were born in Weakley Co., except us three younger children, who were born in Parker Co., Texas. My mother and father were buried at Veal Station Cemetery, near Springtown, Texas. This record is correct and can be sworn to.
Vada (Parks) Dean (Mrs. Roy Dean) Woodward, Oklahoma
*(This record has been slightly rearranged by the Editor to conserve space, but no content has been changed.)
Mrs. Roy Dean, OGS Member contributed these records.
Page Designed by Ronda Redden
Copyright © 2002 The Oklahoma Genealogical Society