The first deed for 3 acres was May 9, 1898 from W.A. Ketchum and Lucy Ketchum, his wife and 2nd deed on March 15, 1909 by Miranda J. Orton, and her husband, S.S. Orton The money to be raised by subscription in 30 days, each one subscribed was to be entitled to one lot. The board members were J.M. Holliday, President, A.J. Cress, Sec., and W.W. Moffitt, Wm. Baker, W.M. Strange and J.B. HOman, also a committee of J.P. Good, J.T. Pfrimmer and H.V. Smith was appointed to help with the subscription.
The south part of the cemetery was started in 1891 as the first person buried in the cemetery was John C. Campbell in April 1891. In April 1909 the middle 5 acres was plotted. In June 1948 the North 5 acres was plotted. Then in May 1964 the East part of the section was replotted and lots were cut down in size. Most of the old lots are for 8 graves. In the revised part of the North section, most of them are for 5 graves. This section was opened in the Fall of 1991.
The Crescent Cemetery Book was compiled by Odessa M. Ray. With help from Jimmie Ward, Ethel Boren and Nona Wheeler and dedicated to Geneive (Jimmie) Ward, May 5, 1923 - Jan. 26, 1994 for the help, encouragement and suggestion in the project.
Interesting facts of the Crescent Cemetery book:
These people were over 100 Years Of Age
Page 17 Defrese, Sarah, Aug. 8, 1844 - May 24, 1946
Page 40 Klopfenstein, Ethel, Sept 23, 1886 - June 13, 1987
Page 99 Brown, Elizabeth L. Sept. 27, 1883 - June 4, 1985
Page 161 Ryland, Clara B. April 23, 1889 - Jan. 25, 1993
Page 166 Smith, Herschell Aug. 27, 1845 - Mar. 15, 1946
Page 179 Williams, Margery Mar. 2, 1893 - Jan. 23, 1993