"Ghost" town of
Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma
Location: Two miles east and a half mile south of
the old Seminole Agency
Adell Bowles originally carried the mail by horseback from Avoca. Adell was started with the small general store that Will Haney started in the spring of 1892, located on one of his forty acre Pottawatomie Indian allotments. Joseph S. McAlister was the first postmaster. Will Haney later moved his store building to Jefferson and brought the Post Office with him.
One of the early families was Amable Taupain and his
wife Mary Margaret Toupain.
|Source: "POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY OKLAHOMA HISTORY" compiled and edited by Pottawatomie County History Book Committee; published by Country Lane Press, Claremore, OK, 1987.|