"Ghost" town of
Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma
Location: 3 miles southwest of Macomb
The history of Anderson Community as far as we have been able to check, dates back to 1866, when the Delaware Indians lived here. This neighborhood was first called Delaware in 1890.
Mr. Anderson opened a store and post office which was
named after him. He served as first postmaster. A Mr. Murphy opened
a blacksmith shop. A saw mill and cotton gin was established about 1892
. The Sparks family moved to the neighborhood in 1904. He was a minister.
The Jarman family moved into this community in 1892.
|Source: "POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY OKLAHOMA HISTORY" compiled and edited by Pottawatomie County History Book Committee; published by Country Lane Press, Claremore, OK, 1987.|