"Ghost" town of
Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma
Location: Eight miles west of Adell Post Office
The town began when Scott Eason opened a general store
shortly after he homesteaded 160 acres in the run of 1891. The store was
first located only about a half mile east of the Cleveland County line.
J. F. “Jim” Quillan came to the county in 1895 and started a large general
store in the new location of Eason in 1898, in a two story building.
L. C. Holloway owned 320 acres near Eason and had homesteaded in 1891 and
was the treasurer of Eason township in 1900. Nate P. Willis,
owner of Eason Nursery and Fruit farm, arrived in 1892. His apples
won First Place at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis. He had the
first irrigated farm in the county, using windmills to pump the water from
|Source: "POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY OKLAHOMA HISTORY" compiled and edited by Pottawatomie County History Book Committee; published by Country Lane Press, Claremore, OK, 1987.|