"Ghost" town of
Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma
Location: 10 miles sout of Tecumseh
This little town first started in about 1900 when Mr. W. Miller started the Miller's store down on the south bank of Salt Creek. After two spring floods he moved the store further south to higher ground and where there was a spur and switch on the new branch of the Rock Island Railroad, commonly called "Old Beck."
The Railroad went through the original allotment land of Steve Negahuquet. Other Pottawatomie allotte families living near the town included:
Joseph M. Light
John Villines moved from Lindsay in 1893
"Doc Sanders", an Indian herb doctor, had a following for medicines that he concocted and sold in the surrounding territory.
|Source: "POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY OKLAHOMA HISTORY" compiled and edited by Pottawatomie County History Book Committee; published by Country Lane Press, Claremore, OK, 1987.|