"Ghost" town of
Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma
Location: about 8 miles south of Tecumseh
This town was one of 15 towns established in the first year after the 1891 opening run for homestead settlement.
Dr. Joseph St. Clair homesteaded south of town in 1891 after serving in the Civil War. He was also a professional musician and had his own band.
Dr. U.S. Cordell moved here in 1904 and had a partnership with Joel Counts in a drugstore.
W.B. Rowlett moved his store here from Moral.
Other early day families living near Romulous included:
|Source: "POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY OKLAHOMA HISTORY" compiled and edited by Pottawatomie County History Book Committee; published by Country Lane Press, Claremore, OK, 1987.|