"Ghost" town of
Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma
Location: Between Shawnee and Tecumseh
Thackery only had one store and never had a Post Office, however, it had a railroad station and depot by the name of Thackery. Frank Thackery was the Government Disbursing Agent and Superintendent of the Shawnee Mission School. He came to the nearby Indian Agency in 1901. Both the railroad and the interurban had a stop in this little town.
Early day homesteaders and settlers living nearby were:
|Source: "POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY OKLAHOMA HISTORY" compiled and edited by Pottawatomie County History Book Committee; published by Country Lane Press, Claremore, OK, 1987.|