Libraries, Museums and Archives
My apologies if this seems to duplicate information given on the township pages, but I thought it would be a good idea to have a list all in one place.
- Stratford-Perth Archives
- Stratford Public Library
Actually, most of their genealogical material has been transferred to Stratford-Perth Archives (see link above). However, if you are visiting in person, the two are located very close together - half a block apart.
Here's something interesting for those who are familiar with the Stratford library: a photo of the library, c1906.
- Home Page of the Stratford-Perth Museum
- North Perth Public Library consists of the amalgamated libraries of Listowel, Atwood, and Monkton
- St Marys Museum
- St Marys Public Library home page
- Township of West Perth library
- The City of Stratford website also has this info page on Museums of Perth County
- St Marys is home to the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame Museum. If you're into sports, have a look.
Libraries Outside Perth County
Many libraries which aren't located in Perth County nevertheless have excellent collections.
Woodstock Public Library has an index to obits, which may contain people in the southern townships of Perth County.
The J. J. Talman Regional History Collection at D. B. Weldon Library, University of Western Ontario. Located in London, Ontario, Western (as we locals call it) has a very good collection of local history. The disadvantage is that a good portion of it is non-circulating. Western Libraries
Meg Fuller Perth County Coordinator
Copyright © 2007-2008 by ONGenWeb.. All rights reserved. Individual submissions remain property of submitter or author. Last updated
September 22, 2007
Photos in banner courtesy of Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, FSA-OWI Collection, LC-USF34-051862-D and LC-USF34-031979-D.