|HISTORY OF THE CORNWALL CHEESE AND BUTTER BOARD|
|RNEST CAMPBELL was born near his farm August 29, 1879. He is the son of Nelson Campbell. His wife's maiden name was Alena Roys, by whom he has one son and one daughter. In religion he is a Presbyterian; in politics a Liberal. |
Mr. Campbell's farm is situated Lot 16, First Concession, Township of Osnabruck, Stormont County. It consists of 100 acres of excellent farming land, and has a stock equipment of 22 head of cattle, 3 horses, 12 swine and about 80 fowl.
Ernest Campbell and Residence, Dickinson's Landing
The yearly yield is 500 bushels grain, 50 tons hay, 350 bushels potatoes, as well as 5 acres corn, 1 1/2 acres vegetables, 1 acre fruit.
Mr. Campbell's stock of cattle are pure bred Holsteins, from which he sends 300 pounds of milk daily to the Sweet Briar Factory. He has spent his life on his farm and for eleven years past has been a patron of the Cheese Board.
Our subject has some of the finest model farm buildings, residence and barns on the Cornwall East Front, with a beautiful outlook over the majestic St. Lawrence River.
|prev page 72 next page|