|HISTORY OF THE CORNWALL CHEESE AND BUTTER BOARD|
|ROBERT A. McNAUGHT|
|"GLENLEA FARM," the home of Mr. Robert A. McNaught and family, is situated one mile south-west of Summerstown Station on the Second Concession Road, Charlottenburg Township, Glengarry County. |
Mr. McNaught came to this country from Scotland in 1894. He first settled near Montreal, later moving to Summerstown, Ontario, where in 1906 he bought "Glenlea Farm."
Mr. McNaught is a breeder of Clydesdale horses and Ayreshire cattle, being a successful exhibitor at the local fairs. He is well known in Eastern Ontario, having judged the heavy horses at many of the leading fairs.
Robert A. McNaught and His Farm Buildings
The farm, being in a high state of cultivation, grows large crops of grain, hay, corn and roots. With the exception of about three acres of potatoes, all the crops are fed on the farm. The milk from the cows is shipped to Montreal, although in summer a large quantity is sent to the Cheese Factory.
The barn and stables, built, three years ago, are sanitary and up to date, everything having been provided for the health and comfort of the animals. A splendid system of ventilation, cement floors and large windows throughout the barn provide adequate light, a very important feature in a dairy barn.
There is also a silo, which provides succulent feed for the large stock during the winter months.
|prev page 187 next page|