Settlement of Wilmot Township
Township consisted of three tracts of horizontally divided
land: the German Block, Block B in the north, and Block
A in the South. The German Block was controlled by the
Crown and settled mostly by immigrants of German heritage
including those from Pennsylvania, Europe, and Waterloo
Township. The first settlers to arrive in the German Block
were Amish Mennonites
Blocks A and B were acquired by the Canada Land Company
in 1825, they were incorporated with the German Block
and given the name Wilmot Township. Blocks
A and B were controlled by the Canada Land Company. Blocks
A and B were also settled by immigrants of German heritage,as
well as immigrants from Scotland, England and Ireland.
of Wilmot Township began in 1824.