||If you have ancestors with ties in York Region, join with over 400 other branch members for:
- 4 issues of York Region Ancestors per year containing information on genealogical research in York Region, transcriptions of local records, letters, queries, book reviews and other interesting items
- NEW - Branch Members Only section - a growing collection of resources such as Indexes of books of genealogical and historical interest in Ontario, some marriages from St. James Anglican Church in Toronto, 1800 - 1896, Early York County place names and back issues of the branch newsletter York Region Ancestors. Log onto the Members Section of the OGS website and choose Branch Members sites.
- 8 meetings per year with guest speakers, book tables, refreshments and fun
- sharing of information and research experiences with other members
- access to book tables at regular meetings and special events
- an opportunity to volunteer and participate in variety of activities, including cemetery transcriptions, places of worship records inventory, and indexing of land registry office wills
- beginner genealogy workshops
- unlimited free queries in "York Region Ancestors"
To become a member of the York Region branch, you must also be a member of the Ontario Genealogical Society. OGS membership is $60.00 per year, York Region branch membership is $10.00 per year.
Membership in the Ontario Genealogical Society:
- includes four issues per year of Families, the quarterly journal and Newsleaf, the quarterly newsletter
- allows the organization to carry on its work as our parent society which includes uniformity in our projects and publications, networking between branches and coordination of province-wide projects such as cemetery transcriptions
- allows the society to continue to be an influence on government bodies concerning cemetery closures, preservation of records, and release of records for research.