The Glenada Odd Fellows Cemetery Association was formed in June of 2004 and dedicated to the restoration, preservation, maintenance, and interpretation of the historic cemetery in Glenada, Lane County, Oregon. The cemetery's ownership was transferred to the Association by the Heceta Lodge #111 of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. There are approximately 135 people buried in the cemetery, with only about half of the graves marked.
The Association has been installing gravestones for those graves unmarked. Information about this ongoing project and how you can help is available by contacting the Association at the address below.
The Glenada Odd Fellows Cemetery in Glenada, Oregon, was one of the earliest cemeteries in western Lane County. It was established in 1892 by Heceta Lodge #111 of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF). Click here for a history of the cemetery.
Members of the Siuslaw Genealogical Society researched the history of each person buried in the cemetery in the fall of 2003 and Kevin Mittge took the information and wrote Tangled Grass: The Story of Those Buried in the Glenada, Oregon Odd Fellows Cemetery. This book, which contains a lot of genealogical material, is available for purchase from the Siuslaw Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 1540, Florence, OR 97439.