- Getting Started in Jewish Genealogy: A Handbook for Beginners with Supplementary Information for Advanced Research; Third Edition, November 2002, Compiled by Dr. Ronald D. Doctor.
- Columns in the Jewish Review by Ron
- Jewish Review Column, Who were my ancestors, Ron Doctor, 6 Feb 2009.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Census & Burial Records, Ron Doctor, 5 Mar 2009.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Immigration, Ron Doctor, 3 Apr 2009.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Naturalization, Ron Doctor, 6 July 2009.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Useful Organizations, Ron Doctor, 10 Aug 2009.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Holocaust Data, Ron Doctor, 5 Sep 2009.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Eastern European Resources-Introduction, Ron Doctor, 2 Oct 2009.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Obtaining Eastern European Records, Ron Doctor, 5 Nov 2009.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Understanding Eastern European Records, Ron Doctor, 5 Jan 2010.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Putting it all together, US records, Ron Doctor, 5 Feb 2010.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Putting it all together, Old Country-1, Ron Doctor, 5 Mar 2010.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Putting it all together, Old Country-2, Ron Doctor, 2 Apr 2010.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, DNA Testing, Ron Doctor, long version, 5 May 2010.pdf
- Jewish Review Column, Computer software for your family history-Part 1, 5 June 2010.pdf
- Research on Ancestors from Ukraine, 22 Dec 2010.pdf
- Getting Started in Jewish Genealogy: A Handbook for Beginners, by Ron Doctor.
- Oregon Jewish Cemeteries Database - Created and donated by Elliot Axel. Search Oregon records only: Select OR, All Counties from the drop-down list on the search screen. Search surnames starting with one letter: Type leading letter only into the surname box on the search screen.
- Decoding Matzevot (Gravestones), by Dr. Ronald D. Doctor. Abbreviations, acronyms and keywords used in the presentation. Get Adobe Reader here.
- JGSO Library List at Neveh Shalom Congregation Library.
- Yizkor Books at Congregation Neveh Shalom - compiled by Michael Steinore.
- Ben Nahman’s Web Site, http://www.nahman-genealogy.com/
- Beth Hatefutsot (Israel), http://www.bh.org.il/
- Dutch Jewish Family Names and Links, http://www.dutchjewry.org/
- European Sephardic Institute, http://www.sefarad.org/english.html
- Gracia Mendes’ web site about the Jews in Spain and Sephardic Jews of North America. History, timelines, stories, etc. http://www.kahalbraira.org/mendes/GraciaMendes.html
- History of Turkish Jews, http://www.mersina.com/lib/turkish_jews/
Home of the Ottoman Sephardim, Also home of the "Sephardim Discussion List, http://wwwgeocities.com/~turkino/
- Israel Genealogical Society (Israel), http://www.navitek.com/igs/
Jeff Malka provides an outstanding site that is quite extensive. It can be found at: http://www.sephardicgen.com/
- Judeo-Spanish Home Page, http://www.sephardicstudies.org/komunita.html
- Portuguese Sephardic Jews, http://www.saudades.org/
Rhodes Deportation List, A listing of all Sephardic Jews deported by Nazis in 1944 to Auschwitz, http://www.pachami.com/Rodas/Martir.htm
- Rhodes Jewish Museum - Photos, etc., http://www.rhodesjewishmuseum.org
Sephardic House and American Sephardic Federation, An Institute for researching and promoting Sephardic history and culture, has many publications on Sephardim that are hard to find, http://www.americansephardifederation.org/
- Sephardim.com, http://www.sephardim.com/
- Sephardim.org http://www.sephardim.org/
Send updates by email to: email@example.com
- Find a Family History Library near you
- Jewish Encyclopedia: The Jewish Encyclopedia of 1901-1906, a 12-volume work of 15,000 articles.
- JewishGen FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about Jewish Genealogy. How to do Jewish genealogical research. An extensive discussion of methods and resources.
- JewishGen InfoFiles: Directory resources, organized by both topic and country.
- Soundex: Both Daitch-Mokotoff and NARA
Town Names, geographical coordinates and distances
- Jewish Calendar: Convert between Jewish & Gregorian dates Jewish Holidays in any year
- Jewish Records at the Family History Library: Inventory of Jewish-specific resources at LDS Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- Search the JewishGen Website: Find words on any static page on the JewishGen web server.
- Bibliography of North American Jewish Community Books: the most extensive yet produced on the subject, including over 1000 references across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
- Jewish Genealogy Yearbook 2001: information about more than 100 organizations dedicated to Jewish Genealogy, including contacts and activities.
- How to Use the Census - article by George Morgan
- Louis Kessler's Genealogical Program Links: Critical reviews of genealogical software.
- Ancestry.com - Family History Made Easy: Step by Step: Ancestry.com is a commercial on-line publisher. The Learning Venter provides links for all levels of genealogical support. Discover with What's New. Begin with First Steps. Explore with Next Steps. Learn with Our Social Network. Also included are free videos and research guides useful for all levels. See Ancestry's home page for free and fee-based databases.
- International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies: Select member societies for worldwide Jewish Genealogical Society websites.