H
Home Up Resources

horizontal rule

Home
Census
Cemeteries
Churches
City Directories
Ethnic Groups
History
Land
Military
Newspapers
People
Pictures
References
Schools
Vital Records
Other

 

Welcome!

These pages are Copyright 2001-2007, by Julie Kidd, all rights reserved. 

 

Please report any broken links, or other concerns, to the webmaster.

 Please respect copyright on and off the Internet.

 

 


H. (1890) From N. Front west to 23rd, thirteen north of Washington. 1891 became: Hoyt.

H. Albina addition. 1891 became: Blandena.

H. East Portland addition. 1891 became: E. Ash.

H. Clifford addition. 1891 became: Mitchell.

H. Peninsula No. 2 addition. 1891 became: Hamlin.

H. Piedmont addition. 1891 became: Haight Ave.

H. Willamette addition. 1891 became: Burton.

H St. 1928 became: S.W. Pendleton St.

S.W. H St.

S.E. Haig St. (1932) 7 south of Clinton, east from Grand to 51st.

Haight. Albina addition. 1891 became: Alberta.

Haight Ave. Albina addition, (1891) From Fremont north to Ritz. [until 1891, known as Maple & H]. 1931 became: N. Haight Ave.

N. Haight Ave. (1932) 3 west of Williams, north from Fremont to Morgan. [until 1931, known as Haight Ave.].

Hall. (1890) From Front west to Terrace road, fifteen south of Washington. (1891) From Front west to Chapman. (1915) From 415 Water west to Terrace road. 1931 became: S.W. Hall St.

Hall. Fulton addition. 1928 became: S.W. 8th St.

Hall. Fulton addition. 1928 became: S.W. 8th Ave.

E. Hall St. 1931 became: S.E. Harrison Court.

S.W. Hall St. (1932) 1 south of Harrison, west from Front to Montgomery. [until 1931, known as Hall].

Halleck. Albina addition, (1891) From Peninsula Ave. east to Delaware Ave. [until 1891, known as Grant]. 1931 became: N. & N.E. Halleck St.

N. Halleck St. St. Johns addition. (1932) West from Kerby to Washburn, 8 north of Lombard. [until 1931, known as Halleck].

N.E. Halleck St. St. Johns addition. (1932) East from Rodney to Grand Ave. [until 1931, known as Halleck].

Halsey. (1891) From Margin northeast to E. 1st, then east to E. 18th. (1915) From 294 Margin northeast to E. 1st, thence east to City Boundary line. 1931 became: N. & N.E. Halsey St.

N. Halsey St. (1932) West from Williams to Margin. [until 1931, known as Halsey & Barr Rd.].

N.E. Halsey St. (1932) 2 south of Broadway east from river to 92nd. [until 1931, known as Halsey].

N.E. Hamblet St. Alameda Park addition, (1932) Southeast from 24th to 29th.

S.W. Hambry Place

Hamilton Ave. (1891) From Macadam west to City Boundary. 1931 became: S.W. Hamilton St.

S.W. Hamilton Court

S.W. Hamilton St. (1932) West from Macadam to 6th. [until 1931, known as Hamilton Ave.].

Hamlin. Albina addition, (1891) From McPherson north to City Boundary. [until 1891, known as H]. 1931 became: N. Hamlin Ave.

N. Hamlin. (1932) 5 west of Peninsular Ave, north from Willis Blvd. to Columbia Blvd. [until 1931, known as Hamlin].

S.W. Hampshire St. Arlington Hts addition, (1932) 1 north of Lafayette Place.

N.W. Hampson Ave.

Hampton. Albina addition, (1891) North of Portland Boulevard. (1915) From St. John's motor line east to Bellamy. [until 1891, known as South]. 1931 became: N. Hampton Ave.

N. Hampton Ave. (1932) West from Brandon to Kenton Blvd., 1 south of Columbia Blvd. [until 1931, known as Hampton].

Hancock St. East Portland addition. (1891) From E. 1st to E. 17th. (1915) From 305 Gantenbein Ave., east to E.24th. [until 1891, known as Grant]. 1931 became: N. & N. E. Hancock St.

N. Hancock St. [until 1931, known as Hancock].

N.E. Hancock St. (1932) 2 north of Broadway, east from Williams to 86th. [until 1931, known as Hancock St.].

N.W. Harbor Blvd. Linnton addition, (1932) From Germatown Rd. to St. Helens Rd.

N.W. Harcourt Ave.

Harding. (1891) From river east to Goldsmith. 1931 became: N. Harding Ave.

N. Harding Ave. (1932) Southeast from river to Interstate. [until 1931, known as Harding].

N.W. Hardy St. Linnton addition, (1932) From Harbor Blvd., south.

Harlem. Albina addition, (1891) From Harrison Ave. East to E. 22nd. (1915) From 1380 McClung east to E.22nd. [until 1891, known as Stanford].

S.E. Harney Court. (1932) 1 north of City Boundary at S.E. 33rd Ave.

S.E. Harney St. (1932) 3 south of Tacoma, east from river to Duke Ave.

S.E. Harold St. (1932) 2 north of Reedway, east from Milwaukie to City Limits. [until , known as 55th S.E. (between 41st & 102nd)].

Harris. Master's addition, (1915) From Bryant north to Buffalo.

N.W. Harris St. Linnton addition, (1932) Between Markle and McKeon Rd.

Harrison. (1890) From Water to 10th and 13th to Terrace road, fourteen south of Washington. (1891) from the river west to 12th.

Harrison. East Portland addition. 1891 became: E. 22nd.

Harrison. Kennedy's addition, -1915.

Harrison Ave. (1915) An extension of Thomas, at 1st, winding westerly.

Harrison Ave. 7th St. Terrace addition. 1891 became: Canning Ave.

Harrison Ave. Albina addition. 1891 became: McClung.

Harrison Ave. HP addition. 1891 became: E. 13th.

S.E. Harrison Court. (1932) 4 north of Division at 72nd. [until 1931, known as E. Hall St.].

Harrison St. 1928 became: S.E. Boise St.

S.E. Harrison St. (1932) 5 south of Hawthorne, east from 3rd to 92nd.

S.W. Harrison St. (1932) At Van Ness Ave.

S.W. Harrison St. (1932) 6 south of Jefferson, west from Water to 16th.

Hartford. (1891) From Washburne east to Tyndall, 1915 from Hurst east to Tyndall,.

N. Hartman St. (1932) West from Oswego to Pier Park.

Harvard. (1891) From McKenna Ave. east to Olin. 1931 became: N. Harvard St.

N. Harvard St. Portsmouth addition, (1932) West from Olin to McKenna. [until 1931, known as Harvard].

Harvey 1928 became: S.E. 6oth Ave.

Harvey 1928 became: S.E. 60th Ave.

Hassalo. (1891) From Goldsmith east to E. 18th. 1931 became: N. & N.E. Hassalo St.

Hassalo. Albina addition. 1891 became: Fern.

N. Hassalo St. (1932) West from Williams to Clackamas. [until 1931, known as Hassalo].

N.E. Hassalo St. (1932) 1 north of Holladay, east from Williams to 92nd Ave. [until 1931, known as Hassalo].

N. Hassan St. (1932) 2 east of the river at foot of Russell. [until , known as N. Bradford St.].

Haswell. (1915) From Fay north to Blandena. 1916-1930 became: N. Haswell St.

N. Haswell St. 1931 became: N. Campbell Ave.

Hattie. Albina addition. 1891 became: Huron.

Haven. Albina addition, (1891) From Willamette Blvd. north to Houghton. (1915) Extended one street further, to Rutledge. [until 1891, known as McQuinn Ave. & Maria]. 1931 became: N. Haven Ave.

N. Haven Ave. (1932) 1 east of Portsmouth, north from Willamette Blvd. to Trenton. [until 1931, known as Haven].

Hawthorne. Grover's addition, (1890) From 13th west to Terrace Drive.

Hawthorne Ave. (1891) From the east end of Madison St. bridge east to Prettyman Ave. [until -1890, known as Asylum]. 1931 became: S.E. Hawthorne Blvd.

S.E. Hawthorne Blvd. [until 1931, known as Hawthorne Ave.].

Hawthorne Terrace. Albina addition, (1891) From Peninsula Ave. East to Delaware Ave. [until 1891, known as Grant].

Hawthorne Terrace. Portland Hts addition, (1915) From 595 16th, west to Raven's Ave.

S.W. Hawthorne Terrace. (1932) West from 16th to Terrace Drive.

Hayes. St. Johns addition. (1915) From Catlin east to Buchanan.

Hazel. Albina addition. 1891 became: Hyde.

Hazel. Fulton Park addition. 1891 became: Canby.

Hazel. Melinda Hts addition, -1915.

Hazel. Portland Hts addition, -1915.

S.E. Hazel St. (1932) 1 southwest of Hawthorne at 20th.

S.W. Hazel St. (1932) West from 16th to Terrace Drive.

N.E. Hazelfern Place. (1932) North and east from Flanders to 44th.

S.W. Heather Lane. (1932) Patton and Talbot Rd. at City Boundary.

Heights Dr. 1928 became: S.E. 107th Av.

S.W. Helen St. (1932) 3 east of Davenport.

Helm. Albina addition. 1891 became: Delay.

S.E. Hemlock Ave. (1932) 1 west of 20th at Harrison.

Hemple. Fulton addition. 1928 became: S.W. Taylor's Ferry Ct.

Hemple. Fulton addition. 1928 became: S.W. Taylor's Ferry Ct.

S.E. Henderson St. (1932) East of E. Moreland at 36th.

Hendricks Ave. (1915) From 315 Fremont north to Woodlawn. 1931 became: N. Hendricks St.

N. Hendricks St. [until 1931, known as Hendricks Ave.].

S.W. Henrietta St. (1932) West on Taylor's Ferry Rd. from City Boundary.

S.E. Henry Place. (1932) 5 blocks south of Woodstock Ave. at 74th Ave.

S.E. Henry St. (1932) 4 north of Bybee, east from 13th to City limits. [until 1931, known as 64th Ave. S.E. (between 41st & 102nd)].

Henry's. Fulton addition. 1928 became: S.W. Taylor's Ferry Ct.

Henry's. Fulton addition. 1928 became: S.W. Taylor's Ferry Ct.

N. Heppner Ave. (1932) 1 street west of RR cut at Lombard.

Hereford. (1915) From Dawson north to Hodge. 1931 became: N. Hereford Ave.

N. Hereford Ave. (1932) 2 east of Portsmouth at Lombard. [until 1931, known as Hereford].

N.W. Hermit St.

N.W. Hermosa Blvd. Kings Hts addition, (1932) 1 north of Burnside at City Boundary.

S.W. Hess Rd. (1932) Contiuation of Sonora Ave. west from Dosch Rd.

S.W. Hewitt Blvd. (1932) West of Zion Church.

Hibard 1928 became: S.E. 70th Av.

Hickory. Ladd's addition. [until 1891, known as Linden]. 1931 became: S.E. Hickory St.

S.E. Hickory St. (1932) 1 north of Clinton at 16th. [until 1931, known as Hickory].

High. (1915) From Delaware Ave. east to Denver Ave.

High. Albina addition. 1891 became: Linn.

S.W. High St. (1932) 1 south of Hawthorne Terrace.

Highland. Albina addition, (1891) From Congress east to Union Ave. [until 1891, known as Myrtle].

Highland Ave. Albina addition. 1891 became: Holbrook.

S.W. Highland Drive. (1932) North of Hoffman Rd.

N. Highland St. (1932) 1 south of Portland Blvd, west from Williams to Commercial.

N.E. Highland St. (1932) 3 south of Dekum, east from Williams to 27th. [until 1931, known as Vulcan St.].

Hill. Albina addition. 1891 became: Fay.

Hill. Fulton Park addition, -1915.

Hill. Willamette Hts addition. 1891 became: Willow.

N.E. Hill Court. (1932) 3 south of Killingsworth on Greeley.

S.W. Hill Crest Drive. Portland Hts. (1932) South from Vista to Ravensview Dr.

S.W. Hill Crest Place

S.W. Hillsboro St. Council Crest Park addition, -1932.

S.W. Hillsdale Ave.

S.W. Hillsdale Dr. (1932) West of Dosch Rd.

N.W. Hillside Dr. Linnton addition, -1932.

N.E. Hillway

Hilo 1928 became: S.W. 42nd Ave.

Hilton Ave. First St Terraces addition. -1891. [until 1891, known as Washington Ave.].

S.W. Himes St. Council Crest addition, (1932) Between Wapato and Fairmount.

Hirsell 1928 became: S.E. 103rd Av.

S.E. Hirstel St. (1932) 1 east of 102nd at Foster Rd. 1931 became: S.E. 103rd.

Hodge. (1891) From Willamette Blvd. North to city limits. [until 1891, known as Dodge & Alice]. 1931 became: N. Hodge St.

N. Hodge St. (1932) 2 east of Portsmouth, north from Willamette Blvd. to Columbia Blvd. [until 1931, known as Hodge].

Hoffman 1928 became: S.W. Vermont St.

S.W. Hoffman Ave. 7th St. Terraces addition. (1932) 1 west fo Broadway Dr. at Sherman.

N.W. Hoge St. Linnton addition, -1932.

Holbrook. Albina addition, (1891) From E. 9th to E. 14th. [until 1891, known as Highland].

Holcomb. Portsmouth addition. 1891 became: Stanford.

S.E. Holgate Blvd. (1932) East from river to 42nd. [until 1931, known as 45th Ave. S.E. (between 41st & 101st)].

S.E. Holgate Place

Holladay Ave. (1891) From the east end of steel bridge east to E. 28th. 1931 became: N. & N.E. Holladay St.

N. Holladay St. (1932) East from river to Williams. [until 1931, known as Holladay Ave.].

N.E. Holladay St. (1932) East from Williams to 87th. [until 1931, known as Holladay Ave.].

Holland. Albina addition, (1891) From Wabash Ave. east to Villard Ave. [until 1891, known as Penter]. 1931 became: N. & N.E. Holland St.

N. Holland St. (1932) 2 south of Lombard, west from Williams to Wabash. [until 1931, known as Holland].

N.E. Holland St. (1932) East from Williams to 15th. [until 1931, known as Holland].

Holly Ave. (1915) From E. Stark south to E. Washington, near E.32nd. 1931 became: S.E. Holly St.

S.E. Holly St. (1932) 1 south of Hawthorne at 16th. [until 1931, known as Holly Ave.].

N.E. Hollyrood Court. (1932) 1 south of Knott at 56th.

Holman. Albina addition, (1891) From Willamette Blvd. east to Denver Ave. [until 1891, known as F & North]. became: N. & N.E. Holman St.

N. Holman St. (1932) West from Williams to Willamette Blvd. [until 1931, known as Holman].

N.E. Holman St. (1932) East from Williams to 47th Ave. [until 1931, known as Holman].

Holmes. (1915) From line of Slocum north to line of Kilpatrick, crossing Watts. 1931 became: N. Holmes Ave.

Holmes 1928 became: S.E. 63rd Av.

Holmes Ave. Albina addition. 1891 became: Howe.

N. Holmes Ave. (1932) 1 east of Wabash. [until 1931, known as Holmes].

Homan St. 1928 became: S.W. Moss St.

S.W. Homer Ave. (1932) North from Patton Rd.

Homestead. 1st St. Terraces addition. (1915) Semi-circular street in 1st St. Terraces, from Ohio across Lowell Ave.

S.W. Homestead Dr.

Homewood became: NW 62nd.

[..] homon 1928 became: S.W. Evans St.

Hood. (1891) From its intersection with Moody at Caruthers south to Abernethy. (1915) a continuation of Water from Caruthers' Line south to Lowell Ave. 1931 became: S.W. Hood Ave.

S.W. Hood Ave. (1932) 4 east of 1st, south from Lincoln to Canby.

S.W. Hood Lane

Hooker. (1890) From Corbett west to S.14th, two north of Woods. (1891) From Moody west to 5th. (1915) From 715 Moody west to 5th. 1931 became: S.W. Hooker St.

Hooker. Albina addition. 1891 became: Terry.

S.W. Hooker St. (1932) 7 south of Lincoln, west from Moody to 10th. [until 1931, known as Hooker].

Houghton. (1891) From Portsmouth Ave. east to Newman. (1915) From McKenna Ave. east to Newman. 1931 became: N. Houghton St.

N. Houghton St. University Park addition, (1932) West from Tyndall to Westanna. [until 1931, known as Houghton].

Houston. Willamette Hts addition. 1915 became: NW 23rd.

Howard. Fulton Park addition, -1891. [until 1891, known as Beech].

Howard 1928 became: S.E. Rex St.

S.E. Howard St.

Howards 1928 became: S.E. 57th Ave.

Howarth. (1915) From 591 Grant Ave. east to E. 6th.

Howe. Albina addition, (1891) From Harrison Ave. east to E. 22nd. (1915) From 1820 McClung east to E.22nd. [until 1891, known as Holmes].

Howes 1928 became: S.E. 65th Av.

Hoyt. (-1891) From Sherlock Ave. to Front. 1891 became: Hull.

Hoyt. (1890) From Sherlock Ave. east to N. Front, near foot of X. (1891) name changed from H, from Front at the steel bridge west to Cornell Rd. (1915) From Front at the steel bridge west to Cornell Rd. [until 1891, known as H]. 1931 became: N.W. Hoyt St.

N.E. Hoyt St. (1932) 1 north of Glisan, east from Union to 92nd.

N.W. Hoyt St. (1932) 1 north of Glisan, west from 3rd to Westover. [until 1931, known as Hoyt].

Hudson. St. Johns addition. (1891) From Charleston east to Buchanan. [until 1891, known as Willamette Ave.]. 1931 became: N. Hudson.

N. Hudson St. (1932) WEst from Haven Ave. to Bruce. [until 1931, known as Hudson].

Huggins 1928 became: S.E. 54th Ave.

Hughes. Kennedy's addition, -1915.

Hull. (1891) From Sherlock Ave. northeast to Front, between 19th & 20th. became: NW 19th.

Humboldt. Albina addition, (1891) From Delaware Ave. east to Vancouver Ave. [until 1891, known as F, Maple, & Gertrude Ave.]. 1931 became: N. & N.E. Humboldt St.

N. Humboldt St. (1932) 1 south of Alberta, west from Vancouver to Concord. [until 1931, known as Humboldt].

N.E. Humboldt St. (1932) 1 south of Alberta, east from 9th to 78th Ave. [until 1931, known as Humboldt].

S.W. Hume Court. (1932) At S.W. 14th Ave. [until 1931, known as Excelsior St.].

S.W. Hume St. (1932) 1 north of Taylor's Ferry Rd.

N. Humphrey St.

Hunt. (1891) From Hodge east to Newman. 1931 became: N. Hunt St.

N. Hunt St. University Park addition, (1932) West from Kenton Blvd to Hodge. [until 1931, known as Hunt].

Huron. Albina addition, (1891) From Oberlin north to Dawson. [until 1891, known as Hattie]. 1931 became: N. Huron Ave.

N. Huron Ave. (1932) 1 west of Dwight at Lombard. [until 1931, known as Huron].

Hurst. (1891) From Winchell north to Columbia Slough Rd. 1931 became: N. Hurst Ave.

N. Hurst Ave. (1932) 1 west of Chautauqua, west from Winchell to Columbia. [until 1931, known as Hurst].

N.W. Huston St. (1932) 1 west of 32nd.

S.W. Hyatt St.

Hyde St. Albina addition, (1891) From E. 9th to E. 10th. [until 1891, known as Hazel]. 1931 became: N.E. Portland Blvd. Court.

horizontal rule