L
Home Up Resources

horizontal rule

Home
Census
Cemeteries
Churches
City Directories
Ethnic Groups
History
Land
Military
Newspapers
People
Pictures
References
Schools
Vital Records
Other

 

Welcome!

These pages are Copyright 2001-2007, by Julie Kidd, all rights reserved. 

 

Please report any broken links, or other concerns, to the webmaster.

 Please respect copyright on and off the Internet.

 

 


L. (1890) From N.7th west to 22nd, seventeen north of Washington. 1891 became: Lovejoy.

L. East Portland addition. 1891 became: E. Washington.

S.W. La Brie Ave. Capitol Hill addition, by 1915.

S.W. La View Drive

S.W. Labbe St.

Laburnum Ave. East Portland addition. 1891 became: E. 24th.

Ladd. Albina addition. 1891 became: Fiske.

E. Ladd Ave. Ladd's addition, by 1915. 1931 became: S.E. Ladd Ave.

S.E. Ladd Ave. (1932) Southeast from Hawthorne at 12th. [until 1931, known as E. Ladd Ave.].

E. Laddington Court. Laurelhurst addition, by 1915. 1931 became: N.E. Laddington Ct.

N.E. Laddington Court. (1932) North and east from Davis to Hoyt. [until 1931, known as E. Laddington Ct.].

E. Ladner. S.P. Plat of Mansfield addition, by 1915.

Ladue. Albina addition. 1891 became: Montana Ave.

Ladue. East Portland addition. 1891 became: Montana Ave.

S.E. Lafayette St. (1932) 1 north of Center, east of Milwaukie to 22nd. [until , known as 36th Ave. S.E. (from 42nd to 82nd)].

S.W. Lafayette St. Arlington Hts addition, (1932) Connects Hampshire and Fairview Blvd.

Lake. (1890) From St. Helen's Co. Road, northwest to Guild's Lake, near north city limits. became: N.W. Lake.

Lake. WH addition. 1891 became: Short.

N.W. Lake. (1915) From Nicolai northwest one block. [until bef 1915, known as Lake]. became: NW 25th Place.

N.W. Lakeview St.

Lambert Ave. Crystal Spring addition, by 1915. 1931 became: S.E. Lambert St.

N.E. Lambert Place. (1915) between Knott and Brazee from Marguerite Ave. east to E. 36th N.

S.E. Lambert St. (1932) 6 north of Tacoma, east from 7th to 45th. [until 1931, known as Lambert Ave.].

N. Lamson Ave. Greenway addition. 1915 became: Montgomery Dr.

Lancaster. Albina addition, (1891), from Bryant north to Pippen. [until 1891, known as 15th]. 1915 became: N. Lancaster.

N. Lancaster St. (1915) From 121 Bryant north to Lombard. (1932) 6 west of Interstate at Bryant. [until 1915, known as Lancaster].

S.E. Lance. (1915) north of Errol Station.

Lane. (1890) From Willamette west to S.1st, seven south of Woods. (1891) From the river west to 1st, 1915 (SW) from Moody west to 2nd and from 9th to 17th, intersecting Corbett at. 1915 became: S.W. Lane.

Lane. East Portland addition. (1891) From 23rd east to 25th. [until 1891, known as Ellsworth].

Lane St. Albina addition, (1873) From Grant to Russell St., one west of Williams. 1891 became: Flint St.

S.W. Lane St. (1915) From Moody west to 2nd and from 9th to 17th, intersecting Corbett. [until 1915, known as Lane].

Lane's Alley. East Portland addition. 1891 became: Brooklyn.

N.E. Laramia St. (1932) Out Halsey Rd. to 108th Ave.

Laramie. Syndicate addition, (1915) Street running east and west in sections through Fernwood.

Laramie. Fernwood addition, (1915) Street running east and west in sections through Fernwood.

E. Larch. Ladd's addition, by 1915. 1931 became: S.E. Larch Ave.

S.E. Larch Ave. (1932) 1 east of 12th at Harrison. [until 1931, known as E. Larch].

Larrabee. East Portland addition. (1891) From Holladay Ave. northwest to old E.P. line. [until 1891, known as Maple & 3rd]. 1915 became: N.E. Larrabee.

N. Larrabee. (1932) 2 east of river at Holladay. [until 1931, known as N.E. Larrabee].

N.E. Larrabee. (1915) From river front at foot of Oregon north to Hassalo, thence northwest to Hancock. [until 1915, known as Larrabee]. 1931

Laselle. Albina addition. 1891 became: Portland Blvd.

N. Laura. South St. Johns addition. by 1915.

N.E. Laura Ave. (1915) First north of Ridgewood Ave. from Regents Dr. to E29th N.

N.W. Laural Ave.

Laureal. Albina addition. 1891 became: Sumner.

Laurel. (1890) From 11th west to 20th, two north of Spring. (1891) From 16th west to 23rd. 1915 became: S.W. Laurel.

Laurel. Albina addition. 1891 became: Bryant.

Laurel. East Portland addition. 1891 became: Crosby.

Laurel. Ladd's addition. 1891 became: Poplar.

Laurel. Willamette addition. 1891 became: Vulcan.

N.E. Laurel. (1915) From Durham northeast, 5 south of Dekum.

Laurel Ave. East Portland addition. 1891 became: E. 31st.

S.W. Laurel St. (1932) 2 north of Spring west from 16th to Montgomery Dr. [until 1915, known as Laurel].

E. Laurelhurst Ave. Laurelhurst addition, by 1915. 1931 became: N.E. & S.E. Laurelhurst Place.

N.E. Laurelhurst Place. (1932) North and east from Burnside to 44th in Laurelhurst. [until 1931, known as E. Laurelhurst Ave.].

S.E. Laurelhurst Place. (1932) Between Ankeny and Burnside. [until 1931, known as E. Laurelhurst Ave.].

S.E. Laurelwood. Laurelwood addition, by 1915.

Lauretta 1928 became: S.W. Spring Garden St.

N.E. Laussat Ave. (1915) From The Alameda to Fremont. 1915 became: is E. 54th.

Lavender. Ladd's addition, (1891) From Tamarack east to Cypress. [until 1891, known as Myrtle]. 1931 became: S.E. Lavender St.

S.E. Lavender St. (1932) 2 north of Clinton, northwest from Division at 20th. [until 1931, known as Lavender].

S.E. Laverne. (1915) From foot of Crampton south.

Lawrence. East Portland addition. (1891) From Buxton north to Sandy Rd., 1915 from E.27th north to Sandy Rd. [until 1891, known as 26th]. 1931 became: N.E. Lawrence Ave.

N.E. Lawrence Ave. (1932) At 27th and Glisan. [until 1931, known as Lawrence].

Leahy. Portsmouth addition. 1891 became: Oberlin.

N. Learned. St. Johns addition. by 1915.

N. Leavitt. St. Johns addition. by 1915. 1931 became: N. Leavitt Ave.

N. Leavitt Ave. (1932) North from Bradfrod to John. [until 1931, known as N. Leavitt].

S.W. Lee. (1915) FromCorbett south to river between Richardson and Terwilliger.

Lee Ave. 1928 became: S.W. 60th Ave.

Lee St. 1928 became: S.W. Custer St.

Lehigh. St. Johns addition. (1891) From Modoc north to Depot. (1915) NOT LISTED. [until 1891, known as 7th].

S.W. Leif Erickson Dr.

Leland. (1891) From Harrison Ave. east to E. 22nd. (1915) From 1300 E.13th east to. 1931 became: N.E. Portland Blvd.

N. Lenore. (1915) From 515 Durham Ave. northeast to E. 13th.

Leo 1928 became: S.E. Lambert St.

Leo Ave. Miller's addition, (1915) From E.13th east to 1685 Milwaukie.

Leonard. St. Johns addition. (1891) From Leavitt east to Richmond. [until 1891, known as 12th]. 1931 became: N. Leonard St.

N. Leonard St. St. Johns addition. (1932) North from Ida to Bruce. [until 1931, known as Leonard].

Leonore. (1891) From Durham Ave. easterly to Harrison Ave. by 1915 became: Lenore.

N.E. Leonore St. Woodlawn addition, (1932) Northeast from Durham to 15th.

S.E. Leslie. Woodstock addition, by 1915.

E. Lesser. Brentwood addition, by 1915.

Lewis. (1891) From the river east to Goldsmith. 1931 became: N.E. Lewis St.

S.E. Lewis. Tremont Place addition. by 1915.

S.E. Lewis. Firland addition, by 1915.

E. Lewis Ave. (1915) From 2230 E. Glisan south to Base Line Road.

N. Lewis Ave. (1932) Northeast from river to Interstate. [until 1891, known as Kelly St.].

N.E. Lewis St. (1932) South of E. Glisan at 96th.

Lexington Ave.. Miller's addition, by 1915. 1931 became: S.E. Lexington St.

S.E. Lexington St. (1932) 4 north of Tacoma east from 7th to 45th. [until 1931, known as Lexington Ave.].

Liberty. (1891) From Newcastle east to Denver Ave., 1915 (N) from 1396 Patton Ave. east to east limit of Columbia Heights Add. by 1915 became: N. & N.E. Liberty.

S.W. Liberty Dr.

N. Liberty St. (1915) From 1396 Patton Ave. east to east limit of Columbia Heights Add. (1932) 1 south of Dekum west from Minnesota to Willis Blvd. [until by 1915, known as Liberty].

N.E. Liberty St. (1932) 1 south of Dekum east from 6th Ave. to 29th Ave. [until 1931, known as Liberty].

Liebe. Henry's 5th addition, by 1915. 1931 became: N.E. Liebe St.

S.E. Liebe St. (1932) 4 south of Holgate east from 37th to City Limits. [until 1931, known as Liebe & 49th Ave. S.E. (from 41st to 100th)].

N.W. Lilac Ave.

Lincoln. (1890) From Hood west to S. East Park, nine north of Woods. (1891) From Moody west to Park., 1915 (W) from 555 Hood west to Park.

Lincoln. Albina addition. 1891 became: Cook Ave.

Lincoln. Cook's addition. 1891 became: Revere.

Lincoln 1928 became: S.E. 66th Av.

Lincoln Ave. 1891 became: Elgin Ave.

E. Lincoln Ave. (1915) from 2210 E.Glisan south to Base Line Rd.

S.E. Lincoln Ave. (1915) prolongation of Holgate east.

S.E. Lincoln St. (1932) 4 north of Division east from river to 77th Ave.

S.W. Lincoln St. Slavin's addition, (1915) (1932) West from Hood to Broadway.

Linda Vista 1915 became: E.66th.

Linden. Albina addition. 1891 became: Morse.

Linden. East Portland addition. 1891 became: Hickory.

Linden Ave.. King's Hts addition, by 1915.

S.E. Linn Ave. (1915) From the river east to E.24th, intersecting E. 13th at 1945.

S.E. Linn St. Ideal View addition, (1915) (1932) 7 south of Tacoma, east from river to 23rd.

N.W. Linnton Ave.

Lister. Kenilworth addition. 1915 became: E.39th.

E. Llewellyn. Stanley addition, by 1915.

Lloyd Ave. Piggot's addition. 1915 became: E.39th.

Locust. Albina addition. 1891 became: Commercial.

Locust 1928 became: S.E. Franklin St.

E. Locust. Ladd's addition, by 1915.

S.E. Locust. Bruce's addition, by 1915. 1931 became: S.E. Locust Ave.

S.E. Locust Ave. [until 1931, known as S.E. Locust].

S.E. Lodge. Woodstock addition, by 1915.

Logan. Fulton Park addition, (1891) Name changed from Elm, from Corbett west to 9th. [until 1891, known as Elm]. 1931 became: S.W. Logan St.

S.W. Logan St. (1932) 1 south of Miles west from Corbett to 9th. [until 1931, known as Logan].

Lombard N. (1915) From 1575 Patton Ave. east to E.13th. 1931 became: N. & N.E. Lombard St.

N. Lombard St. (1932) West from Williams to N. Columbia Blvd. [until 1931, known as Lombard].

N.E. Lombard St. (1932) East from Williams to 15th. [until 1931, known as Lombard].

N.W. Lomita Terrace. Kings Hts addition, (1932) Connects Beuhla Vista with Maclea Blvd.

Long Ave. Excelsior addition, by 1915. 1931 became: S.E. Long St.

S.E. Long St. (1932) 1 south of Holgate, east from Milwaukie to City Limits. [until 1931, known as Long Ave. & 47th Ave. S.E. (between 41st & city limits)].

N. Longview Ave. Overlook addition, (1932) 1 west of Interstate at Shaver. [until 1931, known as N.E. Longview Ave.].

N.E. Longview Ave. (1915) From 25 Overlook Blvd. north to Skidmore. 1931 became: N. Longview Ave.

S.W. Lorain Ave. (1932) West of Fairmount Blvd.

Loring. Albina addition, (1891) From Knight northwest to Russell. by 1915 became: N.E. Loring.

N.E. Loring. Albina addition, (1915) From 25 Albina Ave. northwest to Russell St. [until by 1915, known as Loring].

N. Loring St. (1932) 1 east of river at Russell.

Louis. East Portland addition. 1891 became: Frankfort.

S.E. Lounsberry Lane

Lovejoy. (1891) From 7th west to Cornell road near 26th. [until 1891, known as L]. by 1915 became: N.W. Lovejoy.

N.W. Lovejoy St. (1915) From 7th west to 25th & 26th. (1932) 2 south of Northrup west from 7th to Summit. [until by 1915, known as Lovejoy].

S.E. Lovell. Woodstock addition, by 1915.

N. Lovely St. Willumbia addition, (1915) St. Johns.

Lowell Ave. (1891) From the river west to the city limits. [until 1891, known as 1st Ave]. by 1915 became: S.W. Lowell Ave.

S.W. Lowell Ave. (1915) From 949 Macadam west to West. [until by 1915, known as Lowell Ave].

S.W. Lowell Lane

S.W. Lower Drive. (1932) Southwest from Montgomery Dr. to Canyon Rd.

Lownsdale. (1890) From B south to Salmon and from Jefferson south to Spring, fifteen west of Front. (1891) From Washington south to Taylor and from Hall to Hawthorne Terrace. 1915 became: SW 15th.

Lucena. East Portland addition. 1891 became: E. 16th.

N. Lucky Ave.. (1915) 1 north Lombard Chautauqua east 3 blocks.

Lucretia Place. (1915) Between 22nd and 23rd, from Washington to Everett. 1915 became: NW 22nd Place.

S.W. Luella St.

N.W. Lumber St. (1932) From 21st Place to Sherlock Ave.

E. Lundy. Wheatland No. 2 addition, by 1915.

N.W. Luray Terrace

Luther 1928 became: S.E. 75th Av.

S.E. Luther Place. (1915) West side 72nd SE 3/4 mile south limits.

Lyman. (1891) From Villard Ave. east to Denver Ave.

Lynn. Albina addition, (1891) From Griswold north to Prescott. [until 1891, known as High].

N. Lynn Ave.. St. Johns addition. by 1915.

N.E. Lynn Ave.

S.E. Lyon. Third Electric addition, by 1915.

horizontal rule