W
Home Up Resources

horizontal rule

Home
Census
Cemeteries
Churches
City Directories
Ethnic Groups
History
Land
Military
Newspapers
People
Pictures
References
Schools
Vital Records
Other

 

Welcome!

These pages are Copyright 2001-2007, by Julie Kidd, all rights reserved. 

 

Please report any broken links, or other concerns, to the webmaster.

 Please respect copyright on and off the Internet.

 

 


W. (1890) From N. Front west to N. 21st, near north city limits. 1891 became Wilson.

W. East Portland addition. 1891 became E. Mill.

W. Albina addition. (1911) map. Before 1999 became N. Ivy St.

N. W. Bryant. (1915) From 1527 Patton Ave. west to Villard Ave.

N. W. Going. (1915) From 965 Patton Ave. west to Delaware Ave.

N. W. Jarrett. (1915) From 1215 Patton Ave. west to Campbell.

N. W. Willamette Blvd. (1915) From 1123 Patton Ave. west to Atlantic; thence meandering north and west to St. Johns.

Wabash. Albina addition. (1891) From Willamette Blvd. north to McPherson.1915 (N) from 1464 Willamette Blvd. north to Willis Blvd. [until 1891, known as Portland Blvd.]. 1931 became N. Wabash Ave.

N. Wabash Ave. (1931) 3 east from Washburne, north from Willamette Blvd to Willis Blvd. [until 1931, known as Wabash].

N.W. Waco Ave. Linnton addition. Before 1932.

N.W. Waco Court

S.E. Wadsworth Ave. (1915) Prolongation of Millard Ave. easterly.

Wahlberg 1928 became S.E. 105th Av.

S.E. Wahlberg Rd. (1932) County road south from Duke at 100th.

Walker. (1891) From Clarendon east to Portsmouth Ave.1893 begins at McKenna Ave. then continues as above.1915 (N) from 2071 Portsmouth Ave. west to Clarendon.

N. Walker St. (1932) 1 south of Columbia Blvd at Portsmouth.

Wall. (1891) South of Patton Road. [until 1891, known as Mable].

Wall. East Portland addition. 1891 became Powell.

N. Wall. University Park addition.

N. Wall Ave. (1932) North from Willamette Blvd to Fessenden.

Wallace. Fulton Park addition. (1891) From 8th west to 10th. (1893) listed but no description, 1915. [until 1891, known as Walnut].

E. Wallace. South Fairlawn addition. Before 1915.

Walnut. (1890) From St. Helen's Co. Road, northwest to guild's Lake, near north city limits.1893 is called part of White's tract, from St. Helens County Road northwest.1915 (NW) from St. Helens County Rd. northwest.

Walnut. Albina addition. 1891 became Emerson.

Walnut. East Portland addition. 1891 became Brooklyn.

Walnut. Fulton Park addition. 1891 became Wallace.

Walnut. Ladd's addition. 1891 became Tamarack.

Walnut 1928 became S.E. 49th Ave.

Walnut 1928 became S.E. 49th Ave.

E. Walnut. (1915) From 1810 Powell Valley Rd. south to Whitman.

S.E. Walnut. Woodstock addition. Before 1915.

Wanson 1928 became S.E. 36th Ave.

Wanson 1928 became S.E. 36th Ave.

S.W. Wapato Ave. Council Crest Park addition. (1915) (1932).

E. Ward Drive. (1915) From 2120 Base Line Road north.

N.E. Ward St. (1932) 1 south of Sandy Blvd, between NE Skidmore and 88th Ave.

N.W. Wardway. (1932) Between 27th Ave and 29th Ave.

E. Warner. Laurelwood addition. Before 1915.

Warren. (1891) From McKenna Ave. east to Portsmouth Ave.1915 (N) from 1407 Portsmouth Ave. west to McKenna Ave. (streets as above, numbers added Before  they are listed eastward).

E. Warren. Mt. Tabor Homes addition. Before 1915.

S.W. Warren. (1932) Out of City Limits, west of Zion Church.

S.W. Warren. Chelmsford addition. Before 1915.

N. Warren St. (1932) 1 south of Willamette Blvd, at Portsmouth.

N.E. Warren St. (1932) 2 south of Glisa at 81st Ave.

N.W. Warrenton

Wasco. (1891) From E. 1st to E. 18th.1893 from Multnomah northeast to East First, thence as above, 1915 (NE) from 261 Ross northeast to E. 1st, thence east to E. 63rd, third north of Holladay Ave.

N.E. Wasco St. (1932) 2 north of Holladay, east from Multnomah and Occident to 92nd. [until 1931, known as N.E. Multnomah St.].

Washburne. Albina addition. (1891) From McPherson north to city boundary.1893, from Winchell north to Columbia, 1915 (N) from 461 Lombard north to Columbia Blvd. [until 1891, known as K]. 1915 became N. Washburne.

N. Washburne. Albina addition. (1915) From 461 Lombard north to Columbia Blvd. [until 1915, known as Washburne].

N. Washburne Ave. (1932) 2 east of Chautauqua Blvd, north from Willamette Blvd to Columbia Blvd.

Washington. (1890) From the river west to junction of 15th & B.1891 part of, name changed from B, from the river west to and entering Barnes Rd, and is the dividing line of north and south numbers west of 16th, (1893) From the river west to and entering Barnes Road, the dividing line of north and south numbers west of Sixteenth. 1915 (W) from river west to and entering Barnes Road. This is the dividing line of north and south numbers west of 16th. 1916 became W. Washington.

Washington. East Portland addition. 1891 became E.Lincoln.

Washington. St. Johns addition. 1891 became Burlington.

Washington E. (1915) From the river east to E.84th Street. 1931 became S.E. Washington St.

S.E. Washington. Lexington Heights addition. Before 1915.

S.W. Washington. Slavin's addition. Before 1915.

W. Washington. (1915) From river west to and entering Barnes Road. This is the dividing line of north and south numbers west of 16th. [until 1916, known as Washington]. 1931 became W. Burnside St. (that portion from S.W. 17th west).

Washington Ave. 1891 became Hilton Ave.

Washington Ave. Albina addition. 1891 became Atwood.

Washington Ave. Albina addition. 1891 became Hendricks Ave.

Washington Ave. Stansberry's addition. (1893) From Elm north to Columbia Slough Road. 1915 became N. Washington.

N. Washington Ave. Stansberry's addition. [until Before 1915, known as Washington Ave.]. 1915 became E.17th.

S.E. Washington St. (1932) 2 north of Morrison, east from river to 92nd Ave.

S.W. Washington St. (1932) West from river to 16th.

S.W. Washouga

W. Washougal. (1915) southern slope Council Crest Park.

Water. Fulton Park addition. (1890) First east of Front, from Jefferson south to Hood. 1891 name changed from Water and S. Water, and 10th Ave. (FP), from Jefferson south to Lowell Ave, 1915 (W, SW) from foot of Jefferson south to Lowell Ave. [until 1891, known as both Water and S. Water].

Water. East Portland addition. 1891 became E. Water.

Water 1928 became not existing.

E. Water. East Portland addition. (1891) (1915). [until 1891, known as Water].

S.E. Water Ave. (1932) 1 east of the river at Morrison, south from Ash to Market.

S.W. Water Ave. (1932) 2 west of 1st, south from Clay to Canby.

Watkins 1928 became S.W. California St.

Watson. (1891) From Upshur north to Sherlock Ave. (1915) NOT LISTED. [until 1891, known as Davis].

S.E. Watt Ave. Easton addition. Before 1915.

Watts. (1891) From Wabash Ave. east to Emerald, 1893, from Wabash Ave. now extends east to Peninsular Ave.1915 (N) from 1699 Mississippi Ave. west to Wabash Ave.

N. Watts St. Kenton addition. (1932) West from Kerby to Wabash.

Wauna Ave.1915 became E. 61st.

S.E. Waverleigh Blvd. (1932) 6 south of Clinton, east from 38th Ave to 35th Ave.

S.E. Waverleigh Blvd. (1915) from Powell Valley Rd. at E. 28th easterly to E. 35th & Franklin.

Waverly. (1891) From Washburne east to Delaware Ave.1893 from Hurst east to Delaware Ave. (and from thence as above), 1915 not listed.

Wayland. (1893) From Winchell north to Hunt, 1915 (N) From 585 Winchell north to Columbia Blvd. Street crossings same as Chautauqua. 1915 became N. Wayland.

N. Wayland Ave. (1932) 3 east of Dwight, north from Winchell to Columbia Blvd. [until 1915, known as Wayland].

Wayne. (1891) From 21st west to St. Clair. [until 1891, known as Johnson]. 1915 became W. Wayne.

W. Wayne. (1915) From 179 King west to St. Clair. [until 1915, known as Wayne].

Webber 1928 became S.E. 80th Av.

S.E. Webber Ave. (1932) 1 south of Linn at SE 9th Ave, southwest to Linn.

Webster. Albina addition. (1891) From Delaware Ave. east to Michigan Ave. (1893) From Delaware Ave. east to Congress. [until 1891 known as D, Alder]. Before 1915 became N. Webster.

Webster. Willamette Heights addition. 1891 became Newton.

Webster. Fulton addition. 1928 became S.W. 13th Dr.

Webster. Fulton addition. 1928 became S.W. 13th Dr.

N. Webster. Albina addition. (1915) From Burrage east to E.14th. crossings as Alberta.

N. Webster St. (1932) 1 north of Alberta St, west from Williams to Greeley Ave.

N.E. Webster St. (1932) 1 north of Alberta, east from Williams to 47th Ave.

Weidler. (1891) From Vancouver Ave. east to E.28th, 1915 (NE) from 341 Wheeler east to Ralston's Add.

N.E. Weidler St. (1932) 1 south of Broadway, west from Williams to Ross.

N.W. Welch

Well St. 1928 became S.W. 45th Ave.

E. Wells. Armstrong's addition. became E. Grant.

Wemath Ave. 1915 became E. 48th.

West. (1890) From 1st Ave. south to 4th Ave. seven west of County Road. (1891) From Lowell Ave. south to Seymour Ave. 1915 became S.W. West.

West 1928 became S.W. 54th Ave.

E. West. S.P. Plat of Mansfield addition. Before 1915.

S.W. West. (1915) From 320 Lowell Ave. south to Seymour.

West Ave. Albina addition. 1891 became Detroit Ave.

E. West Ave. became E. 60th.

N. West Church. (1915) From Patton Ave. west to Campbell.

N. West Dekum Ave. (1915) From 1421 Patton Ave. west to Villard Ave.

N. West Failing. (1915) From 811 Patton Ave. west to Capitol Ave.

N. West Farragut. (1915) From 1625 Patton Ave. west to Washburne.

S.E. West Firland Ave. Firland addition. Before 1915.

N. West John. St. Johns addition. Before 1915.

N. West Liberty. (1915) From 1396 Patton Ave. west to Willamette Blvd.

West Lombard N. (1915) From 1575 Patton Ave. west to St. Johns.

N. West Mason. (1915) From 883 Patton Ave. west to Overlook Blvd.

N. West McClellan. (1915) From 1705 Patton Ave. west to Peninsular Ave. 1930 from 1745 Interstate, west.

W. West Park. (1915) From Couch Line south to Caruthers Line, intersecting Washington at 367.

S.W. West Point Court

West Portland Blvd. Extends from 1365 Patton Ave. west to Willamette Blvd.

N. West Prescott (1915) From 951 Patton Ave. west to Delaware Ave.

West Saratoga (1915) From 1448 Patton Ave. west to Willamette Blvd.

N. West Sumner. (1915) From 1055 Patton Ave. west to Burrage.

N. Westanna. (1915) From Willamette Blvd. north to north of Lovely, crossing 1001 Dawson. 1931 became N. Westanna Ave.

N. Westanna Ave. (1931) 2 west of Wall at Lombard, north from Willamette Blvd to Carey Blvd. [until 1931, known as N. Westanna].

Western Ave. 1928 became S.W. 37th Ave.

N.W. Westover Rd. (1915) First north of Cornell Rd. south from 29th N. (1932) West from Burnside to Cornell Rd.

N.W. Westway. (1932) Bertha Beaverton Hwy.

S.W. Westwood Court

S.W. Westwood Drive. (1932) West of Terwilliger Blvd.

S.W. Westwood View

N. Weyerhaeuser. St. Johns addition. Before 1915. 1931 became N. Weyerhaeuser Ave.

N. Weyerhaeuser Ave. St. Johns addition. (1931) West from Pier Park to James. [until 1931, known as N. Weyerhaeuser].

S.E. Whalley Ave. Overton Park addition. Before 1915.

E. Wheatland Ave. (1915) From 2200 Base Line Rd. north.

Wheeler. East Portland addition. (1891) From Wasco north to Dixon. [until 1891, known as 6th]. 1915 became N. E. Wheeler.

N.E. Wheeler. East Portland addition. (1915) From 375 Wasco northwest to Dixon. [until 1891, known as Wheeler].

N. Wheeler Ave. (1932) 3 east of Interstate at Broadway.

N.E. Wheeler Ave

N. Wheeler Place. (1932) North of Hancock at Interstate.

Whitaker St. Albina addition. (1873) From Russell St. to Page St. 6 west of Williams. 1891 became Ross St.

S.W. Whitaker St. (1932) 1 south of Gibbs, west from Moody to 16th.

W. White Ave. Greenway addition. Before 1915.

Whiteaker. (1890) From Willamette, west to S. 3rd, three south of Woods.

S.E. Whitman. Third Electric addition. Before 1915.

S.E. Whitman Ave. Brentwood addition. Before 1915.

N.W. Whitney. Linnton addition. Before 1932.

Whittaker. (1891) From the river west to 3rd, 1915 (SW) from Cotton [no such street listed] west to 3rd and from 9th to 17th.

Whittaker. Albina addition. 1891 became Starr.

E. Wiberg Lane 1915 became E. 47th.

N.E. Wiberg Lane. (1932) Between 45th and 47th Ave, from Wistaria Ave to The Alameda.

N.W. Wilark Ave. (1932) 1 west of St Helens Rd.

Wilbur. Albina addition. (1891) From Killingsworth Ave. north to Pippen, 1915 (N) from 225 Killingsworth Ave. north to Lombard. [until 1891, known as 10th].

N. Wilbur Ave. (1932) 2 east of Greeley, north from Killingsworth to Lombard.

Wildrake 1928 became S.E. 50th Ave.

Wildrake 1928 became S.E. 50th Ave.

S.E. Wildrake. Woodstock addition. Before 1915.

N.W. Willalatin Rd. (1932) Running southwest from Hillside Dr to Skyline Blvd.

Willamette. (1890) From Woods south to 1st Ave. west to Willamette River. 1891 became Moody.

Willamette. East Portland addition. 1891 became Buxton.

Willamette. East Portland addition. 1891 became E. Irving.

Willamette. St. Johns addition. 1891 became Charleston.

S.E. Willamette

Willamette Ave. Albina addition. 1891 became Durham Ave.

Willamette Ave. Albina addition. 1891 became Emerald.

Willamette Ave. Albina addition. 1891 became E. 12th.

Willamette Ave. St. Johns addition. 1891 became Hudson.

Willamette Blvd. St. Johns addition. (1891) Old St. Johns county road, etc. on east side winding southerly to St. Johns. (1893) From Richmond at east end of Fillmore, winding southeasterly to one block south of Killingsworth Ave, opposite foot of Atlantic, thence east to Patton Ave. [until 1891, known as St. Johns County Road]. 1915 became N. Willamette Blvd.

N. Willamette Blvd. (1932) 1 south of Killingsworth, west from Interstate to Weyerhaeuser.

N. Willamette Blvd. St. Johns addition. From 1123 Patton Ave. east to Congress. [until 1915, known as Willamette Blvd.].

S.E. Willard. Chicago Center addition. Before 1915.

N.W. Willbridge Ave. (1932) 1 west from St Helens Rd.

William 1891 became Rock.

William. East Portland addition. 1891 became Rhine.

William. Portsmouth addition. 1891 became Courtenay.

William 1928 became S.E. 70th Av.

Williams. (1890) From Corbett west to S. 4th, four north of Woods. 1891 became Arthur.

Williams. (1890) From N. Front to Sherlock Ave. an extension of Blackstone.

Williams. East Portland addition. 1891 became Williams Ave.

S.E. Williams. Tremont Place addition. Before 1915.

Williams Ave. (1891) From Weidler north to Woodlawn.1893, numbers added to Going through Woodlawn streets, and street now begins at Cherry, #325.1915 (NE) from 285 E.1st, northwest to Cherry, then north to Bryant, second west of Union Ave. N. [until 1891, known as Multnomah Ave, E. and W. Williams].

N. Williams Ave. (1932) North from Irving to Winchell.

S.E. Williams Ave. Before 1915.

N.E. Williams Ct

N. Willis Blvd. (1932) Through Kenton, University Park and west to St Johns, west from Kerby to Berkeley.

N. Willis Blvd. (1915)from line of Delaware Ave. west to St. Johns, intersecting Peninsular Ave. at 1775.

Willow. Willamette Heights addition. 1891 south of Quimby. [until 1891, known as Hill].

Willow 1928 became S.E. Harney St.

N.E. Willow. North West Mt. Tabor addition. Before 1915.

S.W. Willow Ave. Des Moines addition. Before 1915.

N.E. Willow St. (1932) 3 north of Glisan at 60th.

S.E. Willow St

Wilson. (1891) From Front at intersection of 17th to Willamette Heights. (1915) From 200 feet east 20th N, west to Willamette Heights.21st north of Burnside.

Wilson S.E. Woodmere addition. Before 1915.

N.W. Wilson St. (1932) 1 north of Thurman, west from 20th to Newton.

Winchell. (1893) From Newman east to Washburne:, 1915 (N) from 1674 Mississippi Ave. west to Newman. Street crossings as Lombard W.

N. Winchell St. (1932) 5 north of Lombard, west from Williams to Newman.

N.E. Winchell St. (1932) 5 north of Lombard, east from Williams to 8th.

N.W. Winchester Terr. (1932) East of Westover Rd.

Windle. St. Johns addition. Before 1915.

N. Windle St. (1932) 1 south of Seneca at Fessenden.

Windsor. Albina addition. (1891) From Madrona east to McClure. [until 1891, known as 2nd]. 1915 became N. Windsor.

Windsor. Albina addition. 1891 became Williams Ave.

N. Windsor. Albina addition. [until bef 1915, known as Windsor]. 1915 became Lombard.

N.W. Windsor

S.E. Windsor. Woodstock addition. Before 1915.

N.W. Windsor Ave. Blyth's Wood addition. Before 1915.

S.E. Windsor Court. (1915) between 49th SE and 50th SE, one south of Division.

S.E. Windsor Ct

S.W. Windsor Pl. (1932) North from Canyon Rd.

W. Windsor Place. West End addition. Before 1915.

Winona. (1891) From Durham Ave. easterly to Harrison Ave.1893, the street numbers were added to the above, 1915 (N) from 475 Durham Ave. northeast to E.13th. 1915 became N. Winona.

N. Winona. (1915) From 475 Durham Ave. northeast to E. 13th. [until 1915, known as Winona].

N.E. Winona St. Woodlawn addition. (1932) Northeast from Durham to 13th.

Winthrop. Albina addition. (1891) From McPherson north to city boundary. (1893) City Boundary changed to Columbia Slough Road. [until 1891, known as West C].

Wisconsin. Southern Portland addition. Before 1893.

S.E. Wisdom Ave. Tremont Place addition. Before 1915.

Wise S.E. Woodmere addition. Before 1915.

Wishran Ave. 1915 became E.58th.

N.E. Wistaria Dr. Beaumont addition. (1932) South and east from 37th to 54th.

Wisteria Ave. (1915) from 555 E.45th winding easterly.

S.W. Withington Ave. Jefferson Street addition. (1932) Out Canyon Rd 3/4 mile.

W. Withington Ave. Jefferson St. (1915) Canyon Rd.

Wood 1928 became S.E. 57th Ave.

Wood 1928 became S.E. 57th Ave.

N.W. Wood. Linnton addition.

S.E. Woodbine. (1915) From Stewart Park east to City Boundary.

S.E. Woodbridge. Before 1915.

S.E. Wooden. Corvallis addition. Before 1915.

Woodlawn. Albina addition. (1891) From Vancouver Ave. east to Madrona. [until 1891, known as Woodlawn Ave.].

Woodlawn Ave. Albina addition. 1891 became Woodlawn.

N. Woodlawn Ave. 1915 became Bryant.

N.E. Woodlawn Ave. Woodlawn addition. (1932) Northeast from Dekum to 13th.

S.W. Woodrow Ave. (1932) 1 south of B-Beaverton Hwy at Fairvale Dr.

Woods. (1890) From Willamette west to S. 4th, eleven blocks south of Lincoln. (1891) From the river west to 4th, 1893 number at Moody was 75. 1915 became S.W. Woods.

S.W. Woods. (1915) From the river west to 4th, and from 9th to 17th. [until 1915, known as Woods].

Woods St. Albina addition. (1873) From Russell St. to Page St. 8 west of Williams. [until 1893, known as Albina St.].

S.W. Woods St. (1932) 2 north of Gibbs, west from Moody to 16th.

S.E. Woodstock. (1931) East from 28th to 102nd Ave. [until 1931, known as Yukon Ave.].

S.E. Woodstock Ct. Lents addition. (1932) Northeast from Henry St at 99th Ave.

S.E. Woodward St. (1932) 2 south of Clinton, east from the river to 75th Ave.

Woolsey. (1893) From Dawson north to the line of Rutledge, 1915 (N) from 635 Lombard north to Columbia Blvd. 1915 became N. Woolsey.

N. Woolsey. (1915) From 635 Lombard north to Columbia Blvd. [until 1915, known as Woolsey].

N. Woolsey Ave. (1932) West of Columbia Park. North from Stafford to Columbia Blvd.

Wright. (1891) from Patton Ave. east to Minnesota Ave. 1891 became N. Wright.

Wright. Albina addition. 1891 became Cliff.

N. Wright. (1932) North of Schmeer Rd.

N. Wright 1915 became Liberty.

S.W. Wright Ave

Wygant. (1891) From Union Ave. east to E.14th. 1915 (N) from 1005 Patton Ave. east to E.33rd. 1915 became N. Wygant.

N. Wygant. (1915) From 1005 Patton Ave. east to E. 33rd. 1915 became N. Wygant.

N. Wygant St. (1932) 2 south of Alberta, west from Williams to Delaware.

N.E. Wygant St. (1932) 2 south of Alberta, east from Williams to 78th Ave.

Wygant, West. (1915) From 1005 Patton Ave. west to Delaware Ave.

horizontal rule