These pages are
2001-2007, by Julie Kidd, all
Please report any broken links, or other
concerns, to the
respect copyright on and
off the Internet.
Lincoln High School
Portland High School was organized on
April 26, 1869 when the forty-five
students who had passed a written exam,
gathered with their two teachers for
classes. They met on the second floor of
Portland's North School, located at NW
11th and Davis. By 1875, five students
had completed sufficient requirements to
be a part of the first graduation.
In 1874, the school had moved to Central
School, located where Pioneer Square
stands today. In 1885, a building to be
used only as a high school was built at
SW 14th & Morrison Streets. The school
changed its name to Lincoln High School.
1912, a new building was constructed
along the Park Blocks (pictured above).
Today, that building is a part of
Portland State University, and is called
1952, a new school was built on the
property of the Jacob Kamm estate, where
it still exists today.