TOWNS OF POLK COUNTY
The following is a list of all the towns past and paresent of Polk County OR.
Some of them were nothing much more than a post office and some
had no post office at all.
Also included are the dates in which their Post Office's were in existence if they had one.


Airlie - 1882-1943

Ballston - First named Ballsville with the first postoffice opened in 1876.  In 1880 the name was changed to Ballston.
Bethel -  The town was named in 1846 and there was a post office from 1865-1880.
Black Rock-  1905-1943
Bloomington - 1852-1863
Bridgeport - approx 3 miles from Falls City, post office existed from 1854-1874.
Broadmead - 1915-1942
Buell - 1900-1943
Buena Vista - 1866-1935
Butler -  near old Fort Yamhill 1865-1911.

Camp Adair - 1942-1946
Chandler - 5 miles from Valsetz, 1895-1900
Cincinnati -  1851-1856, in 1856 name was changed to Eola.
Cynthia Ann - Early name of the town of Dallas.

Dallas - The county seat of Polk County first post office was established in 1852 as the town of Cynthia Ann.  Dallas was
               incorporated in 1901.

Eola -  Incorporated in 1856 at the site known as Cincinnati  post office existed from 1856 to 1901.
Etna - Located north of Rickreall, had a post office from 1856 to 1868

Falls City - 1889- to present day.
Fort Yanhill - A military post from 1856-1866.

Grand Ronde - 1861-1920.  There is still a town of Grand Ronde

Independence- 1852- present day.

Lackemute - 1851-1874.
Lawn Arbor - 1855-1865.  The same post office using the name South Yamhill, operated in 1852-1855.
Lewisville - 1868-1905.
Lincoln - 1867- 1901.  Follow the link for more information on Lincoln.
Luckiamute - 1851-1874.

McCoy - 1879
Monmouth - 1859 to present day.

O'Neals Mills - only a few months in 1850.

Parker - 1880-1882   1914-1927
Pedee - 1895-1905   1919-1936
Perrydale - 1870-1935
Plum Valley - 1854-1863
Polk - 1885 (only a few months)  another from 1899 to 1902

Rickreall - 1851-1857  1866- Present day.
Rocca - 1895-1918

Salt Creek - 1852-1903
Smithfield - 1893-1900
South Yamhill - 1852-1855
Spring Valley - 1852 - 1855
Sugarloaf - 1895-1904
Suver - 1881-1935
Syracuse - One mile East of Falls City, 1885-1889

Valfontis - Early name for Lincoln.
Valsetz -  since 1916 on the site eariler known as Sugarloaf.

West Salem - Now a part of the City of Salem it was once a sperate town incorporated in 1913 but taken into the City of
                       Salem in 1949.
Willamina - Most of this town is in Yamhill County but there is a portion of it in Polk County.  From 1880-1891 the post
                    office sat in the Polk County part of the town.

Zena - 1869-1901
 

County Coordinator:  Gayle Triller
Copyright © 2014 to present by the ORGenWeb Team. All
rights reserved. Copyright of submitted items
 belongs to those responsible for their authorship or
creation unless otherwise assigned.