Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Charles Roderick
Owner 1920-1947
News Stand on 3rd Street
Philip Morris' "Johnny"
visits News Stand 1950
Johnny with Wilbur Rapp.
Center photos shows Charles Roderick surveying potential customers. He moved to the 3rd street location in 1940 which was the third location for the business. In 1947 his daughter, Helen, and her husband Wilbur Rapp took over the news stand. It was the oldest established business in town until its sale to Ron Messick in 1976, where today Ron runs the Redstone Pharmacy. They are still selling newspapers.
 Home
 About Us
 Contacts
 News
  Gallery
california_area_historical_society_web_site017003.jpg california_area_historical_society_web_site017002.jpg