Kotler shoe store
Kotler-Speigel Furniture, Kotler's men store, Walfish Hardware, Butler Grocery
Max Kotler had a general store in Coal Center in theearly 1900's. In 1922 he moved to
a new location, a 3 story brick building, on the corner of Second & Wood Street and by 1923 Kotler and Spiegel Furniture opened in the basement and part of the second floor. P. H. Butler Grocery store was the corner store from 1926 to 1939. The shoe store closed to make room for a finer and larger furniture store. Walfish Hardware was in the corner store. Around 1988 the entire first floor was the IGA Super Market and Video Store with apartments on the second and third floors.