Centre County Genealogical Society
Church Records & Religion
Family Home Pages
Family History Books
Land Records & Deeds
Lookups & Researchers
Message & Data Boards
Occupations & Industries
Townships & Boroughs
Villages & Place Names
Wills & Estates
Centre County Census Records
Copyright © Centre County PAGenWeb Project.
- 1940 Centre County Census Images: Online through FamilySearch.org, by enumeration district. 1940 U.S. Federal Census Images are online and available to the public for free through FamilySearch.org..
- 1930 Census Online Index: This joint effort between the Centre County PAGenWeb Project and the Centre County Genealogical Society created a searchable online index to the county's part of the 1930 U.S. Census.
- 1920 Centre County Census is partially transcribed and online through the USGenWeb Census Project. See which Enumeration Districts have been transcribed. See the listing of files containing the surname indexes and the Enumeration District transcriptions.
- 1890 Centre County Census, which survived in the form of a business directory, can be seen in transcribed versions that arrange the names in alphabetical order by township/borough:
- 1880 U.S. Census through FamilySearch.org.
- 1870 U.S. Census through FamilySearch.org.
- 1860 U.S. Census through FamilySearch.org.
- 1850 U.S. Census through FamilySearch.org.
- Census Records by John Mort We are grateful to John Mort who has made some North Central Pennsylvania census records available through his databank for all to see. This is a growing list transcribed from the U.S. Census Records 1850-1880, 1900 and 1910.
- Research facilities in Centre County to find census records:
- Penn State University Libraries' News and Microform Library has on microfilm all extant U.S. Census records for Pennsylvania, 1790-1930, as well as soundex indexes for the years 1880, 1900, 1910 and 1920. Penn State also has statewide indexes for the years 1800 to 1870.
- The Centre County Library in Bellefonte also has census records for most central Pennsylvania counties from 1790 through 1930, as well as all available statewide indexes and a separate index for the Centre County residents of 1860. In addition, the library also has the U.S. Census for 1880 of the entire country on compact disc.
- The LDS Family History Center in State College also has census records for many central Pennsylvania counties through 1930.
- Schlow Centre Region Library in State College also has access to Ancestry.com's database of digitized images of all census records which can be accessed on premises.
All rights reserved.