Church Records & Religion
Family Home Pages
Land Records & Deeds
Lookups & Researchers
Obituaries & Newspapers
Occupations & Industries
Townships & Boroughs
Villages & Place Names
Wills & Estates
Centre County Death Records
- Before 1893
- No death registrations were kept by the county or state prior to 1893, except for a brief period from 1852-1854 when they were recorded by the county.
- The records from 1852-1854 are available at the Register of Wills office and included in the Centre County Genealogical Society publication on death records.
- PA Death certificate images for 1852-1854 are available online and free to PA residents or Ancestry.com paid subscribers through the PA State Archives Data Collections.
- For earlier death records, it is suggested to check resources such as the Spangler Collection, and bible and church records housed at the PA Room of the Centre County Library and other locations.
- 1893 - 1905
- Death registration were kept at the county level from 1893-1905.
- Check with the Register of Wills.
- A compilation of Centre County Deaths from 1852-1854 and 1893-1905 has been published and is available at the PA Room or for purchase through CCGS Publications.
- 1906 - Present
- Death registration occurred at the state level beginning in 1906.
- PA Death indices for 1906 - 1966 are available online and free to the public through the PA State Archives.
- PA Death certificate images for 1906 - 1964 are available online and free to PA residents or Ancestry.com paid subscribers through the PA State Archives Data Collections.
- Check the Pennsylvania Department of Health for information on obtaining Death Certificates.
- Posting Death Records Online: Transcribed death records for persons with a Centre County connection can be posted online:
Copyright © Centre County PAGenWeb Project.
All rights reserved.