SOUTH PHILIPSBURG BOROUGH

South Philipsburg received its name from its geographical location in relation to Philipsburg. It was incorporated from Rush Township on November 23, 1891.

(Sources: Where to Go and and Place-Names of Centre County, (1961); "Incorporation Dates for Pa. Municipalities" by the Commonwealth of Pa., Dept. of Internal Affairs, Genevieve Blatt, Secretary, (1965).

SOUTH PHILIPSBURG BOROUGH CENSUS RECORDS

1900--497
1910--434
1920--505
1930--480
1940--527
1950--512
1960--445
1970--472
1980--523
1990--438
2000--438

(Source: U.S. Census of Population, Bureau of the Census, U.S. Department of Commerce.)

TAX ASSESSMENT RECORDS

Tax assessment records for South Philipsburg Borough from 1892 forward can be found in the basement of the Centre County Library and Historical Museum in Bellefonte. Persons wishing to use these records must first sign the Guest Researcher register in the Pennsylvania Room.

This page is part of the Centre County PAGenWeb Project
Copyright 2001 by Robert L. Baker