The borough of Unionville is a station upon the Bald Eagle Valley toll road with post office designation of "Fleming." The site of the Borough was purchased in 1843 by Zephaniah Underwood, who in connection with his son William laid it out in town lots in 1848. John Peters subsequently laid out an addition to it. It was incorporated as a borough by a decree of the Court on December 3, 1859, and the Bald Eagle Valley railroad was completed through as early as 1864. Fleming post-office was established before the town was laid out and it retains that designation.
(SOURCE: Eleventh Census of the Population of the United States Published by Boroughs and Townships, in Connection with a Business Directory of the Same, Bellefonte, Pa., 1890.)
UNIONVILLE BOROUGH CENSUS FIGURES
1890--348 1900--360 1910--343 1920--311 1930--304 1940--321 1950--341 1960--371 1970--375 1980--361 1990--284 2000--313
(SOURCE: U.S. Census of Population, Bureau of the Census, U.S. Department of Commerce.)
TAX ASSESSMENT RECORDS
Tax assessment records for Unionville Borough from 1860 forward can be found in the basement of the Centre County Library and Historical Museum in Bellefonte. Persons wishing to use these records must first sign the Guest Researcher register in the Pennsylvania Room.