Erie County (PA) Genealogy
Elk Creek Township - Pont Church
Contributed by Mary Silfies Mills
The two photos below are donated by way of Mary Silfies Mills from Gloria McArthur McCabe. This church is located on the corner of West and Pont Roads in Elk Creek Township. It was at one time known as the Pont Evangelical United Brethren Church. Today, it is a private Sunday School run by the Gollmer-McCabe-Duguay families. The church's organization dates back to a class started during the decade between 1860-1870. Services were held in the school house until the present building was constructed in 1874. Pastors serving the Cussewago Charge served Pont until it was placed on the Albion Circuit along with Cranesville.
Change 1: In 2004, site visitor Betty Brock provided a partial list of ministers, and also sent a scanned image of a "Cradle Roll" card. They have been retrieved from being buried and are being added now.
Anyone who might have additional material related to this church, or a historical photo of the church, please contact your webmaster (Bill Klauk).
PONT E. U. B. CHURCH MINISTERS
REV. FRED W. SMOCK [1932-1935]
REV. ROBERT J. SMITH [1948-1951]
REV. FRANK V. YOUNG [195- ]
REV. R. C. MOTT [1953-1956]
REV. WM. ATKINS [1956-1959]
Source: Pelletier Library , Archives, Meadville, Pa.
Transcribed, Betty Brock
Ch 1: Added Cradle Roll pic and list of ministers from Betty Brock [11/23/07]
This page was originally created on Saturday, September 20, 2003 .
This page was last updated on Friday, November 23, 2007 .
Return to Erie County Genealogy
Return to Erie County Church Index
Return to Elk Creek Township