Erie County (PA) Genealogy

City of Erie - St Paul's Roman Catholic Church
Fort Erie Lodge

Contributed by Rick Landers


The information below has been extracted from the Souvenir Dedication Program, March 17, 1935, for Saint Paul's Roman Catholic Church. The church, located in the City of Erie on Walnut Street between 16th and 17th, had its beginning in May 1891. Ground was broken for a new House of Worship on August 19, 1928, but the economic recession at the end of the 1920s resulted in a partially completed building. With renewed funding efforts about 1933, the building was completed. Images of the pages in the dedication program have been scanned and provided by Rick Landers. Various individuals have assisted in transcribing the documents for presentation here. This particular page has been transcribed by Tammie Brown.


Souvenir Dedication Program

FORT ERIE LODGE

Following a religious, patriotic and social program since its founding in June, 1932, this society has been one of the most influential in the Colony and throughout the City of Erie. There is a mixed group of men and women, married and single. Its affairs have been widely diversified and always on a high level of social culture and refinement. Its history marks out three women, Mrs. J.S. Jiuliante, Mrs. F.A. Trippe and Mrs. M. A. Santomenna as being the prime movers in organization and program work. Repeatedly this lodge has come to the assistance of the church in its financial undertakings and in the religious life of the parish. In recent months it has had outstanding success under the competent leadership of Dr. S. L. Scibetta and Mr. Adolph Agresti, whose interest and intelligent guidance in the affairs of the society have set up standards for any organization to emulate.

The present officers are:
President- Adolph AGRESTI
Vice President- Mrs. E.A. TRIPPE
Financial Secretary- Mr. M.M. POLACCI
Corresponding Secretary- Mrs. M.A. SANTOMENNA
Treasurer- Virginia De CECCO
Orator- Joseph De SANTIS

The present members are as follows:
Mrs. F.A. TRIPPE Dr. P.A. CLEMENT
Atty. Joseph De SANTIS Mrs. P. CLEMENT
Mr. John De CECCO Miss Lucy FIORELLI
Mrs. Anna GIAMMANCO Mr. Joseph FERRARO
Mrs. Mary FORMAN Dr. G. LUPPINO
Dr. S.L. SCIBETTA Mr. C.J. RIZZO
Miss Gilda De CECCO Miss Evelyn La RUSSO
Miss Virginia De CECCO Miss Theresa PONTORIERO
Miss Mary PORRECCO Miss Rose LEONE
Miss Jean VERDECCHIA Miss Sue GAMBATESE
Mrs. M.A. SANTOMENNA Miss Elsie PASQUALE
Mrs. Joseph AGRESTI Mrs. R. CERAMI
Mr. Angelo BUCCI Mr. R. CERAMI
Mrs. Angelo BUCCI Mrs. Anna FERRETTI
Mr. Richard AGRESTI Mrs. A. La RUSSO
Miss Matilda LEONETTI Mr. A. La RUSSO
Mr. Philip PEDANO Mr. A. AGRESTI
Miss Theresa AMATO  

Fort Erie Lodge

Click on image for much larger picture. Use your browser 'Back' button to return to this page.


This page was last updated on  Friday, January 23, 2004 .

Return to Erie County Genealogy

Return to Erie County Church Index

Return to City of Erie

2014 Erie County Pennsylvania Genealogy