Erie County (PA) Genealogy

City of Erie - St Paul's Roman Catholic Church
The Italian Women's Club

Contributed by Rick Landers


The information below has been extracted from the Souvenir Dedication Program, March 17, 1935, for Saint Paul's Roman Catholic Church. The church, located in the City of Erie on Walnut Street between 16th and 17th, had its beginning in May 1891. Ground was broken for a new House of Worship on August 19, 1928, but the economic recession at the end of the 1920s resulted in a partially completed building. With renewed funding efforts about 1933, the building was completed. Images of the pages in the dedication program have been scanned and provided by Rick Landers. Various individuals have assisted in transcribing the documents for presentation here. This particular page has been transcribed by Dee Schaffer.


Souvenir Dedication Program

The Italian Womenís Club

T

HIS group has been functioning fruitfully in religions, civic and social activities for the past decade.Its members are affiliated with many other Catholic and purely civic organizations throughout Erie City, thus carrying Italian representation into these bodies.The society is rather selective but nevertheless lends its assistance and influence to practically every activity in the Colony.Its program being of a citywide and flexible nature lends itself to the very desirable ideal of decolonizing the Colony and of spreading Italian influence over a broader area and of allowing the best cultural trends of the day to permeate more deeply into the lives of our people.

††††††††††† The club has a long litany of achievements for the church, not only for St. Paulís, particularly, but for the Catholic Church in all her departments of Catholic Action.Every worth-while project which gives glory to God or to His Church finds quick response from this zealous body of Catholic women.

††††††††††† The club was organized in March, 1924, and its history records the following past president:Mrs. J. S. Jiuliante, Mrs. Michael Santomenna, Mrs. S. L. Scibetta, Mrs. F. A. Trippe, Mrs. A. J. Scolio, Mrs. Rose Buttice, Mrs. Frank St. George, Mrs. Anthony Augustine.

††††††††††† Officers for 1935 are:

††††††††††††††††††††††† President - Mrs. Theodore Formaini,

††††††††††††††††††††††† Vice President - Mrs. Ugo Vagnarelli,

††††††††††††††††††††††† Secretary - Mrs. Michael Massucci,

††††††††††††††††††††††† Treasurer - Mrs. Michael Palmisano,

††††††††††††††††††††††† Membership Committee - Mrs. F. A. Trippe

††††††††††††††††††††††† Publicity Committee - Mrs. S. L. Scibetta

††††††††††††††††††††††† Flower Committee - Mrs. M. A. Santomenna

†††††††††††

††††††††††† The present members are as follows:

††††††††††† Mrs. Anthony Augustine,††††††††††††††††††††† Mrs. Nicholas Pistory,

††††††††††† Mrs. Rose Buttice, †††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Mrs. Anthony Restifo,

††††††††††† Mrs. Theodore Formaini,††††††††††††††††††††† Mrs. Michael Santomenna,

††††††††††† Mrs. John Galbo†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Mrs. Arthur Sardini,

††††††††††† Mrs. Jesse Jiuliante,††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Mrs. Samuel Scibetta,

††††††††††† Mrs. Michael Massucci,††††††††††††††††††††††† Mrs. August Scolio,

††††††††††† Mrs. Caesar Morelli,††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Mrs. Frank St. George,

††††††††††† Mrs. Michael Palmisano, ††††††††††††††††††††† Mrs. Frank Trippe

††††††††††† Mrs. Leonard Pasqualicchio,†††††††††††††††† Mrs. Ugo Vagnarelli

 

Italian Women's Club


This page was last updated on  Sunday, February 1, 2004 .

Return to Erie County Genealogy

Return to Erie County Church Index

Return to City of Erie

© 2014 Erie County Pennsylvania Genealogy