Erie County (PA) Genealogy
City of Erie -
St Paul's Roman Catholic Church
Father Louis Marino
Contributed by Rick Landers
The information below has been extracted from the Souvenir Dedication Program, March 17, 1935, for Saint Paul's Roman Catholic Church. The church, located in the City of Erie on Walnut Street between 16th and 17th, had its beginning in May 1891. Ground was broken for a new House of Worship on August 19, 1928, but the economic recession at the end of the 1920s resulted in a partially completed building. With renewed funding efforts about 1933, the building was completed. Images of the pages in the dedication program have been scanned and provided by Rick Landers. Various individuals have assisted in transcribing the documents for presentation here. This particular page has been transcribed by Genie Flahie.
Souvenir Dedication Program
Reverend Louis A Marino
FATHER MARINO was born in Cerisano,
to Bishop Fitz-Maruice, by whom he had been retained, he was sent to
Sharpsville, where he spent several months.†
He was then sent to Sharon, and next made acting pastor of St. Anthonyís
at Farrell.† While engaged in the latter
parish, Father Marino was severely burned in a gas explosion at the place of
his residence.† The effects of the
accident rendered him a comparative invalid for nearly three years, and left
him considerably scarred about the face and body.† Early in 1908, however, he again entered into
regular service and was appointed to
Click on image for a much larger image. Use your browser 'Back' button to return to this page.
This page was last updated on Friday, January 23, 2004 .
Return to Erie County Genealogy
Return to Erie County Church Index
Return to City of Erie
© 2014 Erie County Pennsylvania Genealogy