Erie County (PA) Genealogy

City of Erie - St Paul's Roman Catholic Church
Young Ladies of Mount Carmel

Contributed by Rick Landers


The information below has been extracted from the Souvenir Dedication Program, March 17, 1935, for Saint Paul's Roman Catholic Church. The church, located in the City of Erie on Walnut Street between 16th and 17th, had its beginning in May 1891. Ground was broken for a new House of Worship on August 19, 1928, but the economic recession at the end of the 1920s resulted in a partially completed building. With renewed funding efforts about 1933, the building was completed. Images of the pages in the dedication program have been scanned and provided by Rick Landers. Various individuals have assisted in transcribing the documents for presentation here. This particular page has been transcribed by Carolyn Wells.


Young Ladies of Mount Carmel

This society is committed to a purely religious program throughout the year. A few social activities may mark special Feast Days, but these are always secondary to the great objective of the group which is the holiness of its members and active Catholicity. Great success marks the appeals for general Communions and once a year a special Mass and Holy Communion of all members together with their mothers is of signal importance in the spiritual life of the parish.

The society was organized at the instance of the Pastor, Father Marino, in September, 1933. Martha Pettinato Figlioli and Rose White have served with distinction since the founding of the society and with the assistance of the present officers have formulated a program of spiritual activity which promises a great step forward in parochial life. Material assistance has been freely given from the very beginning of the society's life and at a time when the parish has been at a crisis in its financial history. The Colony is grateful and looks forward to even greater things from the zealous young women comprising the group.

The present officers are:
Kate Mercoline - President, Theresa Pontoriero - Secretary, Rose Delsandra - Treasurer, Josephine Fernandes - Vice President.

The present members are as follows:

Jennie Augustine,
Josephine Augustine,
Mary Augustini,
Agata Barbato,
Mary Bari,
Angeline Bartley,
Anna Bartley,
Rose Boni,
Anna Briglia,
Grace Bruno,
Josephine Cardamone,
Catherine Carlo,
Theresa Cianflone,
Frances Ciotti,
Josephine Ciotti,
Domenica Cuzzola,
Theresa Cuzzola,
Sandia Cutri,
Josephine Di Fazio,
Rose Di Fazio,
Lena Delsandro,
Rose Delsandro,
Sue De Luca,

Jennie De Maio,
Celia Di Bello,
Elsie Di Nicola,
Filomena Di Santis,
Florence Faccetti,
Jean Falcone,
Josephine Fernandes,
Anna Ferritta,
Martha Figlioli,
Lizzi Fratto,
Rose Fratto,
Victoria Golino,
Mildred Grande,
Pauline Guiliano,
Dena Italia,
Mary Juiliano,
Susie Juiliano,
Catherine Leone,
Rose Leone,
Clara Lombardozzi,
Angeline Longo,
Frances Mancuso,
Margaret Mancuso,
Kate Mercoline,

Anna Mussari,
Mary Mancini,
Gilda Malone,
Mary Mancini,
Alice Sorge,
Anna De Santis,
Jennie Nicotna,
Mary Occipentti,
Jennie Pacy,
Josephine Pedano,
Bessie Pettinato,
Rose Pettinato,
Theresa Pontoriero,
Mary Provenzano,
Grace Salvage,
Sue Santocroce,
Delia Sforza,
Josephine Vetter,
Rose vetter,
Rose White,
Josephine Yoculan,
Julia Yoculan,
Lena Yapello.

Young Ladies of Mt Carmel


This page was last updated on  Monday, February 2, 2004 .

Return to Erie County Genealogy

Return to Erie County Church Index

Return to City of Erie

2014 Erie County Pennsylvania Genealogy