Erie County (PA) Genealogy
City of Erie -
St Paul's Roman Catholic Church
Noi Altri Club
Contributed by Rick Landers
The information below has been extracted from the Souvenir Dedication Program, March 17, 1935, for Saint Paul's Roman Catholic Church. The church, located in the City of Erie on Walnut Street between 16th and 17th, had its beginning in May 1891. Ground was broken for a new House of Worship on August 19, 1928, but the economic recession at the end of the 1920s resulted in a partially completed building. With renewed funding efforts about 1933, the building was completed. Images of the pages in the dedication program have been scanned and provided by Rick Landers. Various individuals have assisted in transcribing the documents for presentation here. This particular page has been transcribed by Nancy Schlobohm.
Noi Altri Club
The Noi Altri Club was founded in December, 1930, by Nell Chetoni, Sue Markine, Olivia Angelotti, Hilda Cargioli and Fortuna Mancini.
The first officers were: Nell Chetoni, President, and Sue Markine, Secretary. New members were added yearly until at the present time the membership equals twelve: Mary Massello, Nell Chetoni, Mae Gerbi, Angeline Bartley, Oivia Angelotti, Beatrice zulian, Lena Gerbi, Hilda Cargioli, Marian Angelotti, Olga Chetoni, Sue Markine and Fortuna Mancini.
At present Mary Massello is President; Fortuna Macini, Secretary, and Beatrice Zulian, Treasurer.
The activities of the Noi Altri Club are mostly social. The entertainments have been parties, camping and monthly contributions to the church.
This page was last updated on Monday, February 9, 2004 .
Return to Erie County Genealogy
Return to Erie County Church Index
Return to City of Erie
© 2014 Erie County Pennsylvania Genealogy