Erie County (PA) Genealogy
City of Erie -
St Paul's Roman Catholic Church
The Rivoli Club
Contributed by Rick Landers
The information below has been extracted from the Souvenir Dedication Program, March 17, 1935, for Saint Paul's Roman Catholic Church. The church, located in the City of Erie on Walnut Street between 16th and 17th, had its beginning in May 1891. Ground was broken for a new House of Worship on August 19, 1928, but the economic recession at the end of the 1920s resulted in a partially completed building. With renewed funding efforts about 1933, the building was completed. Images of the pages in the dedication program have been scanned and provided by Rick Landers. Various individuals have assisted in transcribing the documents for presentation here. This particular page has been transcribed by Carolyn Wells.
As the name indicates, the major functions of this Society are social in scope. It has, however, a splendid record of church interest and cooperation behind it. The young ladies of this group have always been among the first to step forward when a plea for assistance from the pastor was made. Their sincere Christian lives, attendance at religious functions, and their material cooperation, place the members of this society in the upper bracket of those who have their church the central activity of life. If St. Paul's Church is to grow, and to establish its Catholic influence in the Italian Colony, it requires and it can depend upon groups such as The Rivoli Club to assist in the great work.
This club was organized in October, 1928. Its past Presidents are: Sara Addessi Kolenda, Susie Vendetti, Josephine Grande, Elma Leone, Mildred Marucci and Emma Ferretti.
The present officers are:
President - Josephine Grande, Secretary-Treasurer - Rose White, Publicity - Elma Leone.
The present members are as follows: Maina Ferrero Cutri, Emma Ferretti, Angeline Grande, Joseph Grande, Sara Addessi Kolenda, Elma Leone, Mildred Marucci, Bessie Marucci, Angeline Ferrarro Strauss, Emelia Tullio, Rose White, Marion Jardano Zatkiewicz.
Excuse the poor quality picture. A much larger image may be viewed by clicking on the image. Use the browser 'Back' button to return to this page.
This page was last updated on Monday, February 2, 2004 .
Return to Erie County Genealogy
Return to Erie County Church Index
Return to City of Erie
© 2004 Erie County Pennsylvania Genealogy