Erie County (PA) Genealogy
City of Erie -
St Paul's Roman Catholic Church
Tra Noi Club
Contributed by Rick Landers
The information below has been extracted from the Souvenir Dedication Program, March 17, 1935, for Saint Paul's Roman Catholic Church. The church, located in the City of Erie on Walnut Street between 16th and 17th, had its beginning in May 1891. Ground was broken for a new House of Worship on August 19, 1928, but the economic recession at the end of the 1920s resulted in a partially completed building. With renewed funding efforts about 1933, the building was completed. Images of the pages in the dedication program have been scanned and provided by Rick Landers. Various individuals have assisted in transcribing the documents for presentation here. This particular page has been transcribed by Rachel Ristau.
Souvenir Dedication Program
Tra Noi Club
Translated, the name of this club is “Among Ourselves”, but in reality its activities goes far beyond the confines of the membership and establishes itself as a real agent of Catholic Action. Aside from the social functions held throughout the year, Tra Noi has had most of its members at one time or other engaged in the teaching of catechism to the children of the parish, assisting the pastor in secretarial work and in conforming beautifully with the spiritual and social life of the St. Paul’s. This sorority was organized in January, 1933, and has had three presidents Susan Gambatese, Margaret Pistory and Mary Pilliteri, the latter with Josephine Grande and Helen Auditori now form the executive committee.
This page was last updated on Wednesday, February 4, 2004 .
Return to Erie County Genealogy
Return to Erie County Church Index
Return to City of Erie
© 2014 Erie County Pennsylvania Genealogy