Erie County (PA) Genealogy
City of Erie -
St Paul's Roman Catholic Church
La Viventi Club
Contributed by Rick Landers
The information below has been extracted from the Souvenir Dedication Program, March 17, 1935, for Saint Paul's Roman Catholic Church. The church, located in the City of Erie on Walnut Street between 16th and 17th, had its beginning in May 1891. Ground was broken for a new House of Worship on August 19, 1928, but the economic recession at the end of the 1920s resulted in a partially completed building. With renewed funding efforts about 1933, the building was completed. Images of the pages in the dedication program have been scanned and provided by Rick Landers. Various individuals have assisted in transcribing the documents for presentation here. This particular page has been transcribed by Dee Schaffer.
Souvenir Dedication Program
La Viventi Club
HIS Club is a living organism in the Italian colony, as the name implies. While the major activities of the society are social, its life is really centered in and about the Church. Each member of the club is enrolled in the Tabernacle Society. Enough cannot be said for the many assistances which La Viventi has given toward the projects which brought about the opening of the new church. Help with programs, advertisements and innumerable other aids that taxed the membership morally and financially, is the proud record of achievement of this group.
The La Viventi Club was formed in November of 1929 at the instance of the following women: Christine Torella, Mrs. Howard Jones, Mrs. John Leone, Louise Marnella and Agnes Little, now the Acting President. Each of these women has at one time or other been in the leadership of the club as president.
The present officers are:
President - Agnes Little
Secretary-Treasurer - Rose De Gello
The present members are as follows:
Agnes Little, Mrs. Philip Niccoletti,
Louise Marnella, Mrs. Anthony Di Nunzio,
Christina Torella, Mrs. John Leone,
Rose De Gello, Mrs. Michael Massucci,
Mrs. Howard Jones, Mrs. Anthony Marnella,
Mrs. John Little, Mrs. John Anthony.
This page was last updated on Sunday, February 1, 2004 .
Return to Erie County Genealogy
Return to Erie County Church Index
Return to City of Erie